Purpose: The Legal & Business Affairs Coordinator supports legal initiatives with the advice and guidance of outside counsel. S/he directly supports complex business transactions and negotiation of critical contracts, and provides business, administration and legal support on a broad range of matters.
· Liaise with external legal counsel on a broad range of legal matters including but not limited to nonprofit governance, data security, intellectual property, and contractual obligations.
· Assists with drafting various types of agreements/contracts (including, for example, collaborations with other organizations, fee-for-service agreements, consultant agreements, non-disclosure agreements and licensing agreements)
· Coordinates insurance matters related to the company’s operations and business transactions
· Assists with drafting and implementing corporate policies, procedures and programs
· Manages the organization’s intellectual property
· Coordinates and executes registration matters including:
o Registration of Seeds of Peace wherever required throughout the US (in particular obtaining licenses to solicit funds and operate as a foreign non-profit corporation and securing tax exemptions) and to maintain annual registration renewal including all filings and payment of fees etc.
o Registration of overseas branches, including assisting with the preparation of relevant documentation/information, and/or coordinating with local counsel
o Ongoing compliance with both US and international local law including but not limited to regulations pertaining to registration and governance matters (e.g. assisting with scheduling, agendas and minutes of Trustee meetings for UK entity)
· Monitors watchdog (Charity Navigator, GuideStar etc.) ratings of the organization and addresses issues as needed
· Develops and maintains an in-house resource library (e.g. document templates, consistent contractual language, outside resources etc.), with a view to standardization and efficiency
· Provide administrative support for the Administration team as needed in various functions and projects
· 2-3 years’ experience as a paralegal or legal assistant, preferably in an international non-profit setting, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Excellent organizational and multitasking skills needed to effectively manage multiple priorities
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with cultural sensitivity needed to effectively support colleagues in a global context
· Strong research skills
· Ability to work well both independently as well as collaboratively with various teams
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications
Working at Seeds of Peace
Seeds of Peace offers rewarding career opportunities with a competitive compensation package in a positive and supportive environment. For further information about Seeds of Peace, feel free to visit our website at www.seedsofpeace.org.
Seeds of Peace is committed to protect the children that we come into contact with in the pursuit of our goals, and the recruitment and selection processes for employees, volunteers, and contractors in contact with children will reflect this commitment.
Seeds of Peace is an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other legally protected class.
Purpose: The Legal & Business Affairs Coordinator supports legal initiatives with the advice and guidance of outside counsel. S/he directly supports complex business transactions and negotiation of critical contracts, and…
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role, please click here. Due to the volume of applications, only those applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. For any questions, please e-mail info[@]seedsofpeace.org .
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role, please click here. Due to the volume of applications, only those applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted…