Executive Director for the American Democracy Project (ADP)
- Job posted by American Association of State Colleges and Universities
1307 New York Ave NW
The American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), a Washington, D.C.-based higher education organization, is seeking an Executive Director for the American Democracy Project (ADP), a civic and political engagement project for undergraduates in the 400 public universities that are members of AASCU.
ADP, celebrating its 15th anniversary, develops and manages programs to prepare undergraduates as informed, engaged citizens. Much of the work involves collaborating with faculty and staff from member universities, as well as with other national organizations and groups. The Executive Director will lead development of new projects, coordinate activities, and design programming. This individual will have responsibility for leadership of a major national conference, coordination of several external projects, management of multiple budgets and communications with internal AASCU offices and external constituencies.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Deep knowledge of how to engage university students to advance their knowledge, skills, and commitment to civic and political learning and participation.
• Comprehensive understanding of how colleges work and the ability to interact with university presidents and provosts, faculty and staff.
• Prior or current work experience in an organization that supports and fosters greater civic and political engagement.
• Ability to imagine, design and conceptualize with others, national initiatives and projects.
• Record of success in managing complex national projects ideally in civic and political engagement.
• Skill in managing people and elements of diverse complex projects involving multiple players and sites.
• Ability to work with staff at AASCU and collaborate with other civic and political engagement organizations.
• Ability to engage and cultivate potential donors.
• Master’s degree required; Ph.D. preferred
Review of applications begins on September 4, 2018. This position is open until filled.
AASCU is an equal opportunity employer. For detailed information about ADP, see the AASCU website at http://www.aascu.org/ADP/. For more information, contact Human Resources, AASCU. To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to Tracye Weeks, Director, Human Resources at email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and references via the link. You will first need to create a profile in order to apply. Emailed applications will not be accepted. Thank you for your interest in AASCU!