General Manager / Senior Director of Advisory Services
- Job posted by AUSL (Academy for Urban School Leadership)
3400 North Austin Avenue
“The Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL) is seeking a highly-skilled, passionate leader for a daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding senior management role. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent and entrepreneurial spirit…then apply today. You could you be the future of AUSL!”
General Manager / Senior Director of Advisory Services
The Academy for Urban School Leadership’s (AUSL) mission is to create schools of excellence by developing highly effective teachers and transforming educational outcomes for student in the lowest performing schools.
In support of the AUSL’s ongoing growth, we are looking for a General Manager of Advisory Services to lead, develop and manage a team of client development and service delivery consultants who implement education solutions for our clients outside of CPS (Chicago Public Schools). This individual’s primary office location will be at 3400 North Austin, Chicago, Illinois.
Essential Job Functions
Education Management Delivery
- Responsible for P&L for this area of the organization and view the role as a means to enhance the AUSL brand
- Deliver, inform and improve the knowledge and content of AUSL education management solutions to clients across the country.
- Analyze what AUSL is delivering to clients based on what is learned in the current AUSL Network of Schools and implement delivery process improvements.
- Using market metrics, advise management on rates and structures to help develop RFP responses that align competitively, given current trends and market demand.
- Work with the Managing Director, External Affairs to consult on strategy to improve services and keep up with increasing demand.
- Educate and inform AUSL of innovation within outside districts to help AUSL continually improve on best practices within its network schools
- Identify potential online lines of business
- Collaborate with other departments to effectively staff projects and customer engagements.
- Develop standard back end processes and structures for delivery of education management solutions.
- Develop the AUSL product offering and the AUSL delivery methodology based on a strong understanding of market and customer requirements.
- Foresee potential problems and take corrective action to ensure achievement of goals.
Team Development and Management
- Collaborate with his/her Managing Director to develop objectives to support growth of the team.
- Manage, lead, and direct a team of 3+ individuals. Serve as mentor and coach to develop the consultative and client development skills of 3 + individual team members.
- Promote a team-oriented, collaborative, challenging, and innovative work environment.
- Maintain and continuously improve the onboarding, performance management and career development processes for the team to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and expanded Client engagements.
- Ensure that team members are adhering to common processes and procedures in developing and delivering our services - quality control.
- Provide a positive impression of AUSL and incorporate customer service into all aspects of work plans. Manage customer satisfaction using the Net Promoter Score methodology for continuous improvement.
- Seek and share information with coworkers and respond to concerns with timely, meaningful, fact-based, and constructive feedback.
- Support development of engagement deliverables such as presentation materials and “leave behind” materials,
- Codification of AUSL processes, tools and resources utilized both in delivering consulting services to clients and in the client development process.
- Develop and implement reporting systems with accurate, easy to read, useful information for senior management and the Board for both the client development pipeline and ongoing engagements.
- Design, generate and implement tracking and monitoring tools both for the client development pipeline and for ongoing engagements.
- Design build and utilize databases for both opportunity identification and engagement tracking and management.
- Design and implement dashboard client review systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Improve evaluation tools and utilize the data gathered as in marketing materials
- Qualifications5 - 7 years in consultative client development leadership, director and supervisory role
- Entrepreneurial and consultative experience in building a business from the ground up
- Experience managing teams in an analytical and solutions-oriented consulting environment
- Possess strong analytical/logical thinking skills and clarity of thought to identify and solve business problems
- Ability to learn quickly, and to define problems accurately while also paying attention to detail in the solution
- Ability to extract and analyze data from multiple sources using analytical tools
- Ability to manage and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Strategic management perspective, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity and experience in working within Public School Systems a plus, both in selling and in delivering consulting services.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of education industry, business, technological and competitive trends
- MBA preferred; BS degree in education, business, or related fields
- Ability to travel as necessary for client needs
Minimum Education Required