2201 Washington Street
The Director of Foundations is an integral member of a three-person Advancement team who reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and understands the dynamics of and possesses the sensitivity and interest in working in the non-profit early education sector and with a diverse staff that serves a diverse population. The Director of Foundations must have the ability to develop and implement a comprehensive grant strategy to support Nurtury.
- Articulate Nurtury’s mission, programs, and organizational strategy in writing and verbally, to current and prospective institutional funders and community partners.
- Compile, write and submit grant proposals and budgets, concept papers, and letters of inquiry.
- Conduct research for new funding sources and opportunities.
- Develop a robust pipeline of foundation prospects, and identify and secure new grants to achieve annual revenue goals for institutional support.
- Work collaboratively with internal staff in the timely and accurate production of grants as well as interim grant and final grant reports.
- Coordinate meetings with relevant staff to review and prepare grant deliverables.
- Maintain the foundation grant arm of the fundraising/donor relationship management (DRM) database. Ensure that all information (deadlines, contacts, follow-up notes, etc.) is accurate and up-to-date.
- Collaborate with Director of Development to develop stewardship plans and events.
- Develop and manage the written content for newsletters and annual reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, 3-5 years of related experience and a proven track record in grants management including budget development and financial oversight; grant research and writing expertise with proven track record in securing government, corporate and private foundation grants
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders effectively
- Excellent writing, editing, budgeting skills, Knowledge of Amplifund is a plus.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Raisers Edge or similar database)
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects concurrently with attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Work occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary
Minimum Education Required