World Connect is a U.S.-based non-profit organization working internationally to promote community-led development, with a focus on empowering women and girls in the Global South. Through its projects, World Connect aims to cultivate global engagement and global social capital. World Connect has launched 1,300+ projects across 35 countries that have impacted more than one million individuals worldwide.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Director of Operations and Administration is responsible for overseeing all administrative, financial and operational functions at World Connect. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for finance, HR, and agency-wide systems and coordination. Teamwork, quality, integrity, and a commitment to best practices is central to the success of this position and the organization’s overall success and growth.
Operations and Administration
- Develop and execute appropriate operations and management systems that reflect compliance with local laws,donor policies, organizational policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Oversee and monitor World Connect’s corporate insurances to ensure proper coverage based on World
- Connect’s US and overseas operations.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and monitor organizational goals.
- Consult with the Executive Director on the implementation and monitoring of organizational strategic growth plan.
- Coordinate legal activities with pro-bono legal counsel, including overseas office registration and state and foreign charities registrations.
- Manage travel policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Ensure all travel and other related reimbursements are reconciled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with World Connect staff on organizing lodging, transportation, and reimbursements.
- Collaborate with World Connect Development staff on event planning and logistics.
- Participate in grant reviews, giving particular attention to administrative and financial elements of project specific budgets and collaborate with Program Team in grant awards and monitoring.
- Collaborate with the Development Director to reconcile donations in Salesforce and issue acknowledgements to donors.
- Provide day to day office oversight and coordination.
- Develop contractual/consultant templates and manage contracts/consultants as needed.
- Serve as organizational representative to external auditors, pro-bono legal counsel, and Nominating/Governance Committee
- Work with the Executive Director and Audit/Finance Committee to develop World Connect’s annual budget and strategic budget planning and growth plans.
- Maintain financial statements and report regularly to ED and Board Committees on financial status and fundraising progress.
- Manage all bank accounts, investment accounts, and reconcile expenses regularly.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, including financial audit and 990. Serve as principal liaison with external auditors.
- Update World Connect’s Financial and Operations policy and procedure manual as needed and improve with recommended modifications.
- Manage all accounts receivable and payable.
- Track federal, foundation, and individual donor guidelines, restrictions, reporting requirements and invoicing when necessary.
- Create and issue 1099 to vendors/consultants and manage and monitor all vendors.
- Allocate, monitor, and track organization program and administrative activity.
- Update, document and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices to improve World Connect’s efficiency and financial controls.
- Oversee all Human Resources functions including, but not limited to, negotiating, setting, and enforcing organizational employment policies, performance management, payroll and benefits administration, recruitment and hiring, employee orientation, timekeeping, leave requests, and intern management.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local financial, tax reporting and regulatory requirements.
The Director of Operations and Administration will be a mission-driven professional with 10+ years of experience in operations, accounting and administration for non-profit organizations operating in the U.S. and abroad. Candidates should possess excellent analytical skills, finance and budgeting experience, familiarity and comfort handling a wide range of operational issues for non-profit organizations, and be a proven leader. Applicants should have the following skills:
- Bachelors degree required, background in finance a plus
- Expertise in QuickBooks accounting software required
- Government grants management experience required
- Ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities, meet deadlines, and maintain a strong
- sense of team and comradery
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, sound professional judgment, and high levels of integrity and accountability
- Positive, can-do approach
- Strong sense of team and ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Non-profit and international experience required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate ‘Director of Operations’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.