88 Broad Street, 8th floor
Program Manager, Research and Learning Communities
At Jobs for the Future—you can call us JFF—we believe that everyone deserves the education and training needed to pursue a career. For 35 years, JFF has created the programs, influenced the policy, worked with partners in the field—such as community-based organizations, government agencies, educators, employers, and funders—to make sure that needed support is available. Our services range from education to workforce development across the United States.
Our west coast office in Oakland, California works as part of our national team to support the capacity of networks of K12, postsecondary, workforce, industry, and community partners to advance strategies that can improve economic mobility for low-income youth and adults.
We’re looking for a Program Manager, Research and Learning Communities with at least three years of experience. This person will be responsible for research, policy analysis, project management support and technical assistance provision to grantees. Our team welcomes an energetic Program Manager who has the ability to participate in and support meetings with external stakeholders as well as prepare briefs and make presentations.
We would love to chat if you are:
· Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously
· An effective communicator with demonstrated experience working with diverse audiences
· Excited about researching and facilitating best practice strategies on but not limited to, data collection and data use strategies for career pathways and cross-sectoral networks
· Able to thrive in a team setting and support team members at all levels
We think our new Program Manager, Research and Learning Communities will:
· Have a bachelor’s in business, master’s degree preferred
· Demonstrate success at project and grant management
· Possess strong research and writing skills
· Thrive in an environment that requires both independence and collaboration
Please note: this opportunity is in Oakland, California.
Click here to review the full job description.
Then visit our careers page to apply with your resume and cover letter along with a writing sample. (Please don’t forget the cover letter or writing sample, we are excited to learn more about you!) Our team will review applicants, contact qualified candidates, and share more about the job.
This is an incredible time to join JFF, which celebrates 35 years this year and offers the best of an established and an entrepreneurial organization. Want to know more about life as a JFFer?
Some perks include:
- Tuition reimbursement & professional growth opportunities
- Summer Flex-A-Days!
- Retirement matching AND contribution
- Healthcare paid at 90%
- Commuter benefits
Thanks for your interest in JFF!
Jobs for the Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce: diverse candidates, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required