Details: Please send salary requirements.
AMERICAN LIVER FOUNDATION
GREATER NEW YORK DIVISION
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases, including hepatitis.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE: This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the Greater New York Division. The Special Events Manger will be responsible for the fundraising development to ensure the success of the Division’s special events initiatives and to achieve/surpass its financial goals. The manager will also participate in and manage the establishment of systems and protocols for the Division Liver Life Walks, Liver Life Challenge, and Honors Gala event fundraising. The Manager must also be able to strategize, anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, creativity, patience, and integrity. The Manager will supervise one staff person reporting .
- Creating the recruitment, cultivation and fundraising strategy for our fundraising individuals, teams, sponsors, volunteers and committees, related to, but not limited to Liver Life Walk, Liver Life Challenge and Honors Gala.
- Overseeing elements of fundraising activities, incentive plans, communication plans, etc.
- Identifying, and recruiting corporate sponsors with the goal of building relationships with company representatives
- Stewarding existing sponsors and volunteers to maintain/increase their engagement
- Identifying target audiences and building appropriate marketing and recruitment strategies for participants and volunteers
- Conducting and coordinating logistical aspects of events including but not limited to Walks, endurance events, and Gala.
- Training and cultivating volunteers for events
- Implementing plans for assigned fundraising events
- Adhering to ALF campaign standards
- Coordinating promotional, marketing and media activities
- Preparing and maintaining financial records and statistical reports
- Participating in annual budget planning process for special events
- Monitoring and forecasting of each event/activity budget
- Interact with Board and Committee members as assigned
- Assisting in the development and implementation of other division activities
- Managing the Events Coordinator and Intern
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in meeting fundraising, recruitment and sales goals preferably in a similar non-profit environment. Non-Profit experience is required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years managing staff
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and leadership
- Highly effective organization, multi-tasking, attention to detail, strong oral and written communication, negotiation, results-driven, and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable using multimedia communications, such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Team Player-committed to promoting the growth and success of ALF & the Division
- High value on transparency, operate with a sense of urgency and driven by self-motivation
- Must have the highest level of service excellence, leadership capabilities, accountability, and superior stewardship
- Experience in planning Walks, Galas, Silent Auctions, would be a strong plus
- Experience in grant writing would be a strong plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Crowdrise
- Experience and comfort in public speaking preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights/or weekend work
- and some travel
- Ability to stand for extended periods and lift 50 pounds
Full time staff entitled to benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Multi-lingual a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Position is located in Manhattan, NY.
Please submit cover letter and resume, and salary requirements to be reviewed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send Responses to: