Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to provide an array of college and career readiness services on the Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum. These services focus on the development of the whole child, empowering the family and transforming communities.
Reporting directly to the Director of Family and Community Engagement and will provide a wide range of administrative and programmatic support. The Program Coordinator will interact with a wide range of stakeholders including, but not limited to: CMO staff, Principals, scholars, families, parent association, local elected officials, community partners, etc.
- Manage family and community programs at Excellence Community Schools.
- Schedule family and community programs for Excellence Community Schools.
- Connect Excellence Community Schools and families with local elected officials and community resources.
- Partner with BCSE Parent Association to implement programs and provide resources to our families.
- Assist in developing long and short-term goals for the FACE Department.
- Attend community events and community board meetings.
- Cultivate relationships with local elected officials and community leaders.
- Research, develop, and implement programming (social, cultural, and educational) related to Excellence families and school community.
- Assist with development and delivery of presentations related to the needs of Excellence families and school community.
- Advocate on behalf of Excellence Community Schools families.
- Maintain and update CRM database.
- Assist with events and programs.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Draft memos/letters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills required.
- Bilingual Spanish, Bengali, and/or other languages preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability to work with small groups and present to large groups required.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities required.
- Ability to work across a variety of projects with diverse constituencies required.
- Some evening and weekend work related to special events and meetings may be required.
- Some travel is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement benefits available.
- Performance based compensation for staff.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish, Bengali, and/or other languages preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for the Family & Community Engagement (Program Coordinator) position, please click the link above.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.