Details: $19.25/hour, 40 hours/week. This is a full time, non-exempt position.
317 17th Avenue South
Posting Date: May 16, 2018
Closing Date: June 12, 2018*
Reports to: Development and Communications Director
Founded in 1994, Casa Latina is a vibrant immigrant worker rights organization which empowers low-wage Latino immigrant workers to move from economic insecurity to economic prosperity and to participate fully in our democracy. A nonprofit organization, Casa Latina provides educational and economic opportunities to men and women eager to better their lives and provide for their families. These opportunities include day labor employment through Casa Latina’s worker center, English language classes, workplace safety and job skills trainings, leadership development, and community organizing around issues of public policy that affect immigrant workers. In addition to directly serving the Latino community in King County, Casa Latina has national impact as a model day worker center whose programs, curricula, and operations have been emulated by worker centers throughout the country.
The Development Operations Associate supports the daily operations of Casa Latina’s development team and supports revenue generation through timely, gracious, and accurate processing of donor gifts. The position maintains the integrity of a detailed and extensive donor database and provides timely entry and acknowledgment of gifts to ensure a positive giving experience for Casa Latina donors. This position also provides key support of the annual En Camino Gala, especially through coordination of guest registration and gift processing for the event. The Development Operations Associate manages Casa Latina’s participation in community and workplace giving programs, performs donor prospect identification and research, and creates reports and analyses which guide development tracking and planning. This position additionally supports general development and communications activities as a member of a donor-centered development team.
- Database management & gift processing
- Maintain accurate constituent records through precise data entry and through thoughtful creation of systems and reports to track and maintain data integrity
- Process all donor gifts and pledges, which includes accurately entering gift details into the eTapestry donor database, generating acknowledgment letters in a timely fashion, processing credit cards, and preparing cash and check deposits
- Track outstanding pledges and send reminders to ensure timely payment of balances due
- Work with finance department to reconcile records in donor database with records in finance accounting software on a monthly basis
- Create clear, accurate, and understandable data reports and analyses which assist development team, management team, and board of directors in tracking development progress and planning for development success
- Train and direct staff on donor database software as needed
- Create and manage mailing and email lists and provide support for development mailings and emails
- Serve as primary contact with technical support providers for key development software products (e.g. eTapestry donor database; Constant Contact email service)
- Event support
- Manage the registration process for all guests attending the annual En Camino Gala and other Casa Latina events
- Coordinate recruitment and participation of table captains, table sponsors, and guest lists
- Assist with the management of event volunteers before, during, and post-event
- Report to the development team regularly on registration status and revenue generation
- Oversee tallying, processing, and acknowledgment of event gifts
- Provide general event support and input throughout event planning process
- Workplace and community giving campaigns
- Manage Casa Latina’s applications for and participation in workplace giving campaigns including federal, state, and county employee campaigns, and corporate campaigns such as Microsoft and United Way.
- Supervise development data entry volunteers when utilized
- Coordinate online registration and payment for Casa Latina’s Somos Vecinos language learning program
- Receive, sort, and distribute USPS mail for Casa Latina as it arrives each day
- Proficiency/fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Experience with and thorough understanding of relational databases required
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel; the ability to format data into polished spreadsheets, graphs, and charts for internal and external audiences; and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities yet remain organized
- Phenomenal attention to detail and a strong commitment to and proficiency for self-review of work to reduce/eliminate errors and inaccuracies
- Experience with or capacity to develop prospect research and tracking techniques
- Experience working on the development team of a nonprofit organization preferred
- Fundraising event experience preferred
- Experience working with and among the Latino community is preferred
- Passion for Casa Latina’s mission and demonstrated commitment to social justice
Generous benefits, including medical, dental, and retirement. (Retirement plan begins after one year of employment.)
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency/fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send 1) a resume, and 2) a cover letter describing their qualifications and interest in this specific position. References will be requested for short-listed candidates. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Operations Associate.” No phone calls please.
*Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Casa Latina is an affirmative action employer. People of color, women, immigrants, people with disabilities, people of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and people with low-income backgrounds are encouraged to apply.