Elementary School Teacher (general ed) wanted for 2018-19 school year!
- Job posted by City Arts + Prep Public Charter School
Details: salary commensurate with education and experience
705 Edgewood Street, NE
TEACHER (Job Description)
· B.A/B.S degree from an accredited institution
· Passing Praxis I & II scores
· The Building Principal
· 100% of all students will grow 1.5 years, as a result of working with grade level students
· Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
· Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
· Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
· Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
· Provide appropriate feedback on work on a daily basis.
· Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
· Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
· Prepare required reports on students and activities.
· Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
· Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Prepare classroom for class activities.
· Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
· Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
· Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
· Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
· Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
· Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for continual improvement of the school's curriculum.
· Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
· Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
· Develops, in accordance with school guidelines, reasonable rules of classroom behavior and appropriate techniques that are consistently applied.
· Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
· Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
· Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in all areas of the school.
· Upholds and enforces administrative procedures, and school rules and regulations, and is supportive of them to the public.
· Maintains appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance and appropriate use of conference and planning time.
· Strives to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed.
· Works cooperatively with parents to strengthen the educational program for their children.
· Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other staff members.
· Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
· Cooperates with the administration in planning appropriate in-service training programs at the school.
Attends staff and committee meetings as required
· Consult frequently with colleagues on matters relating to instruction using our progress-monitoring instrument as a base.
· Design interventions and write lesson plans detailing methods and materials.
· Assist in the evaluation of on going programs and make recommendations for change.
· Diagnose strengths and weaknesses and match these skills with appropriate techniques and materials.
· Keeps the parents informed as to the purposes and progress of the instructional program.
· Promote interest in all aspects of the instructional program
· Work with the instructional coach to monitor student progress.
· Teach remedial skills as needed.
· Perform other responsibilities as may, from time to time
· Works with the instructional coach in evaluating accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods such anecdotal notes, as teacher and student made rubrics, samples of students' work, mastery skills checklists, criterion-referenced tests and norm-referenced tests.
· Works with the instructional coach in making appropriate adjustments in the instructional program and as required.
· Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401K
Minimum Education Required