Join our team!
The mission of Middlesex Human Service Agency is to improve the quality of life and independent functioning of a diverse client population served through an extensive delivery-system of community-based substance abuse and social service programs. All programs emphasize dignity, respect, and empowerment of disadvantaged clients. The Agency believes in teaching individuals and families regarding the skills and problem-solving abilities required for self-sufficiency.
The Agency currently operates 10 programs in the Metro Boston area and continues to expand its scope of services. Please view our website! www.mhsainc.org
Schedule: 11am - 7pm (Monday - Friday)
Reports To: Program Director
Objective: Intake responsibilities include conducting initial intake with all new clients of Bristol Lodge Men’s and Women’s Emergency Shelters. CM responsibilities encompass all aspects of case management, proper file compliance, adherence to applicable rules/regulations, intake and ongoing evaluation/assessment, crisis intervention, ongoing goal plan development and monitoring, referral services, housing placement and advocacy.
Scope: These responsibilities encompass all aspects of the intake, proper file compliance, adherence to applicable rules/regulations and ongoing evaluation/assessment, crisis intervention, meeting with clients for case management, ongoing ETO assessments and entire exit “close outs”. This is an exempt, salaried position.
· Conduct intakes and exit interviews with clients.
· Carry a CM caseload, developing and implementing goal plans for clients, identifying potential barriers to goal achievement and ways to overcome them and observe/monitor overall progress and development.
· Make necessary referrals in the areas of health, education, vocational training, employment, counseling and legal services, providing advocacy as needed.
· Attend all client meetings, case conferences and participate in group consultation as required
· Conduct close outs in our DHDC- ETO system. Assure that program files are closed out stored properly.
· Attend case conferences and participate in group consultation as required.
· Mediate conflicts between residents and provide crisis intervention as needed.
· Enforce client restrictions and provide direction on the proper grievance procedure when necessary.
· Exercise knowledge of Agency and program policies/procedures (including applicable policies/procedures issued by DHCD and/or other funding authorities and program administrators).
· Create and update client list for ninety (90) day stays.
· Complete all documentation in an appropriate timely and efficient manner, input all information into tracking database and update information on an ongoing basis to monitor progress.
· Attend regular team meetings, staff meetings, supervisions, trainings and conferences as needed or requested.
· Abide by all MHSA policies regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
· Attend in-service and outside training and instruction as directed by Program Director.
· Various other responsibilities, as assigned by Program Director or Assistant Program Director from time to time and/or as needed to ensure proper functioning of the shelters.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree preferred
- Two (2) years relevant experience
- Knowledge of homelessness issues
- Networking experience with service agencies and community resources
- Flexibility, compassion, and a desire to provide services in a non-judgmental manner
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, telephone and time management skills
- Competent computer skills
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, busy and diverse team environment
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctual reporting to work
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Cultural competence
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable personal transportation
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certification required (MHSA will provide training opportunity)
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits for Full Time employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include an introduction letter outlining the following topics:
- Homeless experience with families or singles
- Case Management/ Housing search experience
- Mental Health or Substance Abuse experience
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resources Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.