445 5th Avenue
The Development department raises private funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations to support the Library’s general operations as well as specific projects; these funds supplement the public support the Library receives from the City, State, and federal government. The Major Gifts Team is one part of this effort and works closely with other teams in the department and with other Library constituents.
The Library is seeking a dynamic and experienced development professional to significantly increase revenue from individuals. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Individual Giving leads the creation and implementation of a comprehensive strategy for building and sustaining an expanded Conservator and President’s Council patron program, with gifts ranging from $5k to $250k, at least.
The Director of Individual Giving is charged with identifying, securing and stewarding Annual, Education, and Restricted Funds from individuals, family foundations, and business executives, while laying the groundwork for future expanded support.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of major donor prospects and current donors are maximized and upgraded through moves management
- Manage a portfolio of high-level major donors and prospects.
- Overseeing a small team, the Director of Individual Giving executes short and long-term plans for relationship-building and cultivation efforts, and stewarding a pipeline of prospects and major donors from $5,000 to $250,000. The Director will be part of a team of high performing frontline fundraisers to ramp up the patron councils in untapped and target demographics.
- BA required
- 7+ years of front-line fundraising experience, preferably in cultural institutions
- Direct experience training and managing front line fundraisers
- Flexibility and patience with changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to establish necessary rapport with high-level donors and trustees
- Experience working with a relational database a necessity, preferably Raiser's Edge, as well as MS Office
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Graduate degree in relevant field
- Second language preferred but not required.
Union / Non Union
Minimum Education Required