If you are looking for a fulfilling career opportunity as a Website Content Creator and Manager, and you have an interest in childhood health and wellness and holistic medicine/complementary treatments, we invite you to apply to become the Part-Time Website Content Creator and Manager for TheBrainPossible.com, a website and accompanying podcast that provides resources for parents of children with neurological conditions.
The Website Content Creator and Manager will take an entrepreneurial approach to manage website content and SEO for The Brain Possible website and podcast. He or she will execute the purpose, mission, goals, and aims of the Foundation while upholding its founding values. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, Emily Abbott, and requires approximately 20 hours per week.
Background: The Brain Possible was created to inspire and empower parents, caregivers, and practitioners who care for children with neurological conditions. It is a project of The Who Is Carter Foundation, which was founded by Emily and her husband, Matt, in 2017. The purpose of the foundation is to change the conversation around childhood brain injury from one of limitations to one of hope.
To apply, please submit your resume as well as a cover letter expressing why you feel you are right for the role to email@example.com. Use “Part-Time Website Content Creator and Manager” as the subject line of your email.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Website Content Management:
- Create, maintain, and update the website editorial calendar.
- Meet monthly with the advertising team to coordinate strategy and optimize post views
- Manage multiple freelance writers to produce high-quality, relevant, trending content, resulting in 5 new articles publishing on the site per week. These articles will cover a range of topics such as complementary treatment methods, families’ personal stories, recommended products, parenting, non-toxic living, and more.
- Write and edit posts and copy for landing pages as needed.
- Apply SEO and keyword strategies and best practices to all articles to reach a growing audience.
- Regularly monitor the website to keep it up to date and free of errors and bugs.
- Manually upload/post blogs and images at least 5x per week and in accordance with the aforementioned editorial calendar.
Podcast Copywriting & SEO Strategy:
- Edit transcripts of podcast episodes (currently broadcasting weekly)
- Write descriptions of episodes
- Write a script for each podcast introduction and interview questions
- Strategize and execute SEO for each podcast episode
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional written communication skills: able to write creatively, succinctly, and capable of tailoring a written piece to a specific audience
- Experience in delegating tasks and managing others in order to meet deadlines and goals
- A passion for health, wellness, and powerful multimedia storytelling
- Experience in SEO optimization, including a thorough understanding of how to utilize keywords to drive traffic to a website
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting Google Analytics and applying Analytics to improving the website’s user experience and user reach
- Up-to-date on trends and best practices in digital marketing
- Comfortable with Google applications, especially Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Drive
- Visionary and forward-thinking
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong communication, planning, and implementation skills, as well as a natural curiosity, research, and synthesizing abilities
- The ability to exhibit high levels of compassion, care, and thoughtfulness when sharing sometimes sensitive subject matter
- Exceptional attention to detail in all aspects of a website: its appearance, its readability, its functionality, its accuracy
- Excellent ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple projects, responsibilities, and competing deadlines; self-directing
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- A high degree of professionalism and flexibility which enables you to work alongside others collaboratively and successfully
- Consistent high level of integrity and ethics – both personally and professionally
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience managing freelance writers or similar team management skills
- A basic understanding of child development, wellness, and brain health, and a commitment to increasing the quality of life for children affected by neurological conditions
- A basic understanding of complementary and alternative medicine/treatments
- A deep understanding of the neurology and complementary and alternative medicine landscapes, and an understanding of how to identify ways to connect these landscapes with the families served by online resources
- SEMRush proficiency