4321 Hartwick Rd
Food Recovery Network (FRN), the largest student movement against food waste and hunger, is seeking a Manager of External Partnerships and Growth. This role works closely with the Executive Director to manage new and existing partnerships to support FRN’s strategic plan and key development functions.
The role requires someone with a strong desire to foster relationships with many different kinds of people. This person needs to feel comfortable tying together many ideas, initiatives, and people that are often already in motion to support the success of each project. The right candidate is proficient at developing and finishing project timelines and navigating any changes that inevitably arise at a fast-paced, growing nonprofit. We're looking for someone energized and flexible who will thrive in managing several relationships and projects at one time.
The Manager of External Partnerships and Growth will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with FRN’s Leadership Team as well as internal and external FRN stakeholders.
The Manager of External Partnerships and Growth is responsible for leading and managing key corporate partnerships. Duties include:
- Sign off on projects that are in various stages (new, in progress, and discrete project tasks) as needed to ensure team can continue to work seamlessly
- Stand in for Executive Director in meetings as requested
- Ensure all partnership project goals are met
This role requires successful management of specific events throughout the year, including:
- Food Recovery Verified (Year-round)
- Establish program goals with the Executive Director and work toward successful completion for the year
- Manage one or two FRV Fellows
- Establish new goals for FY19 including program improvements
- Manage affiliate partnerships
Executive Director Support
- Support Executive Director in managing several team members.
- Recruit, hire and manage:
- Communications Associate
- Development interns
- Communications interns
- Manage FRV Fellows
- Support National Board of Director meetings.
- Scheduling dates
- Material distribution
- Note-taking during meetings and distribution
- Ensure follow up for meetings is happening in a timely manner
- Liaison for External Affairs Board Committee
- Work with the Executive Director to increase support and sponsorship for events such as National Food Recovery Dialogue, Move out For Hunger, holiday party, and other events
- Work with Executive Director to design and implement quarterly “FRN Conversation” gatherings
- Lead writer for one grant report or grant proposal per month
- Support development team (interns) to:
- Write letters of inquiry
- Manage fundraising campaigns
- Amp Your Good
- Classy fundraising initiatives
- Development Events:
- Winter Fancy Food Show recovery (January)
- Move Out for Hunger (Spring)
- Active team member during National Food Recovery Dialogue and regional summits
What We're Looking For:
- Passion for working in social justice and food recovery spaces
- Proven history managing simultaneous complex projects to successful completion
- Proven history managing a team to achieve a common goal
- Continuous learner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps for Business
- Supportive, friendly, flexible, and composed approach to problem-solving and work
- Proven history of working as supportive, involved team member
- A high level of integrity, trust, accountability, and judgment
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Sense of humor a plus!
The start date is flexible for the right candidate.
-Nine paid federal holidays
-20 days paid time off
-Flexible work schedule
-Numerous professional development opportunities
*Note: FRN is still a small nonprofit, and we do not yet offer healthcare or retirement benefits. This role, while offering the exciting opportunity to help shape a dynamic movement, is best suited for someone who already has access to healthcare benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: please send a cover letter explaining your interest and relevant experience and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Manager of External Partnerships and Growth Position.”