Details: Please provide salary requirements when applying.
Launched in February 2010, Mercy Investment Services is the socially responsible investing program for the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and their sponsored ministries. Mercy Investment Services works for systemic change in the areas of non-violence, racism, environment, concern for women, and immigration through shareholder advocacy and community investments (www.mercyinvestmentservices.org). Mercy Partnership Fund, the concessionary global community investing program of Mercy Investment Services, provides investments to mission-driven organizations and funds, including those that are working to alleviate poverty and protect the environment.
The Loan Fund Administration and Impact Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting the Social Responsibility department by:
- Assisting the Director of Mercy Partnership Fund with loan fund administration, research and financial and impact analysis of community investment opportunities and monitoring of loan portfolio performance and compliance.
- Supporting impact measurement reporting processes for Mercy Partnership Fund’s community investments.
- Supporting the governance processes for Mercy Partnership Fund.
- Researching community investment topics of interest to Mercy Investment Services.
Impact Measurement and Reporting
- Oversee annual investee impact survey process, including: conducting the online survey, corresponding with survey respondents to ensure high-quality survey responses, using Microsoft Excel to manage impact and financial data, assisting with analysis, including written summary and visual support materials, and maintaining annual impact survey database.
- Assist with special projects in community investing and impact measurement. Provide research on additional requested topics and provide written reports and/or analyses.
Loan Fund Administration
- Utilize loan monitoring software to regularly review loan portfolio performance and compliance and provide reports on lending activity.
- Prepare loan documents and other closing documents. Maintain complete and up-to-date paper and digital (via Dropbox) loan files and records.
- Provide research and financial and impact analysis related to existing and future community investment opportunities.
- Communicate via phone and email with investees regarding loan payments, organizational updates, applications, etc.
Meetings and Communications
- Provide support for Mercy Partnership Fund’s governance processes, including meeting agendas and minutes, preparation of reports and materials, and effective use of Directors Desk (board/committee management software).
- Assist in writing articles for monthly, quarterly and annual publications. Create presentations, talking points and other communication materials for meetings and events.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Mercy Investment Services’ policies and applicable laws.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Demonstrated related experience and/or training, including in financial analysis and research methods;
- Demonstrated personal integrity and a commitment to ethical principles;
- Ability to work collaboratively and/or independently on multiple projects, prioritize and take initiative to proactively identify and address issues;
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it in understandable terms to various audiences;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, highly organized, and ability to execute tasks in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of cultural differences;
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and communication skills; and
- Solid computer, software, and database skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Understanding and appreciation of the traditions and culture associated with the Sisters of Mercy; and
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church structures and teaching.
Eligible to participate in retirement plans, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, long-term disability and accidental death & disability plans.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: Mercy Investment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to the attention of the Director of Mercy Partnership Fund at HR@mercyinvestments.org.