Details: $30/hr - $45/hr - Hourly compensation based on experience.
1625 11th Avenue
P.S. 154 After School Program - Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn, NY 11215
We are looking to add a qualified Homework Teacher M-TH to our prestigious After School Program - starting March 2017.
P.S.154 After School is an established program funded exclusively by the PTA of P.S. 154 and our school families. We provide our students continued social development and support learning needs in a safe, nurturing after school environment.
This position is primarily responsible for providing academic support to elementary school students in an after school program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn and implement After School rules and procedures including discipline code
- Classroom management - including
- Taking attendance
- Setting tone of classroom
- Implementing homework format
- Supervise and assist students with homework
- Develop and implement supporting hw activities
- Provide positive support and encouragement to students
- Guide students through clean up
- Maintain supplies and classroom
- Prior experience working in an elementary school classroom
- Solid understanding of Common Core Standard – elementary school setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, or a related field
- Reliable, punctual, caring, patient, with excellent organizational skills
- Communicates well with children, parents and staff
- Loves children and passionate about teaching
- Positive disposition
Must be punctual, reliable and dependable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume and 3 references addressed to Barbara McGouran.
Please note: No phone calls. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.