Details: • $18-$20/hour depending on experience
55 Exchange Place
Immediate opening for a Career Assistant to join Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) College Scholars team in October 2018. SEO College Scholars supports over 825 graduates of NYC and San Francisco public high schools attending colleges across the country by providing year-round one-on-one personal, academic, and career-readiness support.
- College degree (BA/BS), preferably in English, Communications, Journalism, Human Resources, or related field
- Minimum 2 years professional writing experience
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal (phone and in-person)
- Advanced MS Word skills and proficient in Google Drive
- Highly detail-oriented in approach to tasks and visually while working with a sense of urgency to meet goals and deadlines
- Prior experience working with high school and college students
- Specialized training in resume reviewing/writing/career assistance
- Create, edit, and update college student resumes as needed for content and general formatting
- Review cover letters for formatting and content improvement
- Conduct in-person and over the phone mock interviews; provide feedback
- Assess and provide feedback for practice video interviews
- Outreach to students as necessary via email and phone to gather information to enhance application materials
- 3 – 4 months, with possible extension up to 9 months, 30-40 hours/week
- Please note: this is not a remote position, work will be done in our office during regular business hours
- Dates: October 2018-June 15, 2019; end date is flexible.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Florence Capinding (CollegeScholars.Staffing@seo-usa.org) with the subject heading “Career Assistant Position”. Please include the cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume as a PDF document. No phone calls please! Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V