Postdoctoral Fellow - Adoption and Impact Analysis - (Ankara, Turkey)
Main purpose of position
The Postdoctoral Fellow will conduct and support the socioeconomic activities under the joint Iran-ICARDA project on “Increasing the Productivity of Cereal-Based Systems to Enhance Food Security in Iran (IIFSEP)”. The position is part of a multidisciplinary team of international and national scientists implementing the project in four provinces in Iran with the goal of enhancing food security in Iran. Technically the position will be embedded in the Resilient Agricultural Livelihoods Systems Program of ICARDA and administratively in the Biodiversity and Crop Improvement program BCI Program.
· Lead the designing of surveys, the development of questionnaires; and implementation of national surveys;
· Design and organize activities in response to specific requests, including maintaining professional contacts with concerned bodies in Iran;
· Contribute to drafting of and ensure quality of technical reporting that includes preparation and timely submission of quarterly and annual technical and financial progress reports, briefs and peer-reviewed journals;
· Lead the collection, entry and cleaning of primary and secondary data;
· Partner with the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) and Ministry of Agriculture for the collection and compilation of secondary data;
· Conduct literature reviews on food security, poverty reduction and adoption and impacts of agricultural technologies;
· Measure adoption of improved agricultural technologies and identify factors affecting the decision, speed and intensity of adoption of agricultural technologies in the IIFSEP project target areas;
· Assist in data analysis using appropriate econometric software;
· Conduct other activities as needed.
Education, qualifications and experience
· PhD degree in Agricultural Economics, Food Economics, or Agricultural Resource Economics;
· One to three years of relevant work experience;
· Good knowledge of micro and macro-economic theories required;
· Comprehensive knowledge of theories and applications in the agricultural economics discipline;
· Knowledge and mastery of econometric methods in general and program evaluation in particular;
· Proficiency in latest advances in modelling adoption and impacts;
· Good knowledge of statistics required;
· Proficiency in statistical software include SPSS, STATA, R, EViews, SAS etc.
· Exposure to methods for policy analysis desirable;
· Knowledge of optimization methods and tools a plus;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural work environment;
· Demonstrated ability to plan, conduct and interpret research results.
This is an is an internationally recruited position for which ICARDA offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary, housing allowance, medical insurance and leave provisions. All benefits are denominated and paid in US Dollars. The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract of two years, renewable for one more year subject to satisfactory performance. The first year will be probationary period.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at www.icarda.org/iea/ by March 25, 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from qualified women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.