150 West 30th Street
Founded by Nobel Peace Prize Recipient Muhammad Yunus, Grameen America is a 501 (c) (3) national nonprofit microfinance institution dedicated to helping women who live in poverty build small businesses. Grameen America is the fastest growing nonprofit microfinance organization in the United States with a proven national solution to advance financial inclusion for women. We provide small loans, training and support to low-income women to help them build businesses, achieve higher family incomes and revitalize their communities. Since launching our first branch in Queens, New York in 2008, we have expanded to 20 branches in 13 cities, serving 100,000+ low-income women with nearly $1B in microloans. For more information, please visit grameenamerica.org.
In 2018, Grameen America marked its 10-year anniversary. We celebrated several extraordinary milestones, including 100,00+ women with inclusive financial services through 20 branches across the country. Looking toward the next decade, we plan to double our footprint across the nation. Grameen America is seeking a dynamic individual to fill a Development Manager role to raise the funds for this national expansion.
The Development Manager will join a robust Development Department to help raise funds that support the work, mission and institutional fundraising goals of Grameen America. Reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Giving and Strategic Initiatives, this position will support Grameen America’s expanding portfolio of 120+ institutional donors with a primary focus on government and foundation constituents. We are looking for someone with exceptional writing and project management skills, high attention to detail, ability to learn quickly on the job, and strong interpersonal skills for working with funders and administrative and program staff. The candidate should possess the ability to manage projects independently, set and manage multiple priorities, and take initiative as well as work as part of a cohesive development team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze institutional funding opportunities that align with Grameen’s mission.
- Develop, write and assemble funding applications for institutional opportunities.
- Prepare all correspondence, briefings, presentations to support funder cultivation and stewardship meetings and events.
- Manage registrations and reports for institutional and government opportunities.
- Support financial aspects of grants management, including impact data, budget proposals; budget modifications, including reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Become an expert on existing donors, prospects and how to communicate our work to supporters.
- Develop and update language for on Grameen America’s program and current market trends.
- Maintain an accurate grants calendar, tracking grant deliverables and timelines.
- Ensure that institutional gifts and activities are properly entered in our Salesforce database.
- Perform other special projects as needed.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years of grant writing and development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills, preferably with funders using tools like Foundation Directory and LinkedIn.
- Must be detail oriented, and work well under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated and able to initiate projects and ideas.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
- CRM experience required, Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with a commitment to the values of the organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office especially on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Formatting and grammar nerds preferred!
- Competitive Salary.
- Excellent Benefits Package: health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and 401k plan.
- Summer Fridays in addition to PTO!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role to email@example.com, including the subject line "Development Manager”
Grameen America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.