Job Title – Development & Events Assistant
Reports to – Director of Development
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 175 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development & Events Assistant is responsible for the daily operations and administrative functions of the development and event department to support the team in raising more than $10M in annual cash revenue, assisting with gift processing, grant reporting, soliciting gifts, and the daily management and maintenance of the donor database. Additionally, the assistant will support the Director of Development and the Director of Events with Baby2Baby Annual Gala administrative needs, logistics and execution. This position will also support all Baby2Baby events in this capacity as needed.
The role is ideal for a detail-oriented, efficient and self-driven professional who is looking to advance their career as part of a high-functioning fundraising and events team.
The Development & Events Assistant will work from the Baby2Baby headquarters at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Duties and responsibilities
- Facilitates all gift processing, including database entry and coding, documenting gift guidelines and restrictions, communicating pledge details to necessary teams; and invoicing, tracking and reconciling all payments.
- Drafts, prepares and distributes donor acknowledgment letters throughout the year and including the annual Gala.
- Assists Director of Development in building fundraising links for customized campaigns and activations.
- Handles pledge tracking, revenue reports, grant reporting calendar and guidelines.
- Maintains and organizes donor and campaign solicitation materials, working closely with the marketing and creative team when edits/designed assets are needed.
- Works with various teams to regularly update donor email lists for newsletters and outreach.
- Compiles regular reports of solicited fundraising, and general fundraising reports.
- Prepares and sends weekly donation reports to leadership on all donations received and pledge/payment updates.
- Aids Director of Events in coordinating event logistics and execution with regard to the yearly fundraising gala and monthly events.
- Coordinates specific details for monthly events including photographers, volunteers, invitations, catering, décor, set up and tear down.
- Maintains relationships with onsite vendors and outside production teams with the highest level of professionalism.
- Assists with event deadlines, timelines and deliverables, as assigned.
- Assists with event budgeting and fundraising reports.
- Runs event-related errands as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years’ work experience within a development or events department.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic-thinker.
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with effective time management, interpersonal skills and a self-starter mentality.
- Ability to perform duties under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Shows commitment to the mission, vision and values of Baby2Baby.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Organized with attention to follow up, deadlines and record keeping.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with CRM systems; DonorPerfect preferred.
- Prior non-profit and administrative experience
- Bilingual. Fluent in Spanish
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.