520 8th Avenue, 20th Floor
FJC is a leading national foundation of donor advised funds and other philanthropic programs for individuals looking for better ways of giving. For over 20 years, FJC has offered individuals, families, organizations, and groups one of the most comprehensive philanthropic program portfolios. To date, over $400,000,000 in grants have been made to charities around the globe. Part of our mission is to offer our account holders innovative and effective ways to maximize their giving and help them meet their philanthropic goals. In addition to these funds, FJC has developed nationally recognized fiscal sponsorship and nonprofit loan programs to further our philanthropic mission and to aid approved nonprofits in their work.
POSITION: For the role of Staff Assistant, we are seeking a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual who is comfortable working in a performance-based environment. The Staff Assistant will be cross-trained to enable him/her to perform diverse administrative duties for all aspects of FJC - including supporting the Senior Management Team, Finance, Grants, Marketing and Fiscal Sponsorship Program. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to be part of a high functioning team while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector. The Staff Assistant serves as a point of contact for communications between FJC, current donors, prospective donors, nonprofit organizations and the general public, as appropriate.
Other duties include:
- Basic research on recommended grantees and assisting the financial team in processing and receipting donations.
- Maintaining up-to-date paper and electronic files.
- Ordering supplies, handling vendor relationships and accounts payable.
- Collaborating with other staff on phone coverage, work sharing, and general team support.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-2 years experience working in an office environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required as is the ability to work both independently and as an integral member of various teams.
- Possess strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and handle highly confidential information.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office is required. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
Compensation: $35,000 annually
NOTE: Due to the nature of FJC's work, candidates must successfully pass background checks. FJC works with a diverse community of clients, donors, borrowers, staff and other constituents. All staff must be able to engage with people of different ages, cultural backgrounds, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Full benefits after eligibility period.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls.