Help find meaningful work for chronically homeless and individuals recovering from mental health impairment!
Employment Coordinators are responsible for planning, preparing, and helping to secure jobs for adults who live with mental health impairments and are working towards their recovery utilizing the Individualized Placement and Support (IPS) evidence-based practice. BACS’ staff prides itself on doing whatever it takes. This is a community-based position and extensive travel throughout Alameda County is required.
- Assess, plan, coach and advocate for employment program members to find competitive jobs.
- Manage a caseload of 20 program members in their employment search.
- Support the general wellness and recovery plan for participants.
- Market, advertise, and collaborate with employers and potential employers, Department of Rehabilitation representatives and other team members.
- Document and maintain all data collection, reporting, and charting records. Stay within required number of regulatory billable units per month (65% productivity).
- Participate in supervision, staff meetings, clinical consultation, on-call coverage, travel, crisis/emergency coverage, weekend coverage, and agency-wide meetings and training.
- Bachelor's degree in social science, business, communication, or marketing or related field plus four years of direct social service experience. Two years of experience in social services or mental health may be substituted for two years of education. Associate’s degree required.
- One year of experience in recruitment, marketing, and/or business to business strategy preferred.
- Two years’ experience in employment services for adults with mental illness preferred.
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel, ability to type 45WPM.
- Extensive travel throughout Alameda County required.
- Highly competitive compensation: $25/hour
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employees – nothing comes out of your check
- 403b with BACS matching contribution
- 30 days off (PTO/Holiday), increasing with tenure. PTO given on your birthday.
- Tuition reimbursement for student loans & tuition, CEUs, etc.
- Free iPhone with unlimited data for personal/professional use + laptop for easy mobility*
- Annual bonus if agency meets goals
- 1 month paid Sabbatical After 4 years – not charging PTO
- Once Licensed, free access to beautiful office space to start your private practice*
- Clinical supervision hours towards licensure*
- Annual holiday party, summer picnic, staff appreciation events
- Significant internal growth opportunities
* Most direct service positions
How to apply:
Submit a resume with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
BAY AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER