114 Linden Street
Techbridge Girls is an award-winning national nonprofit organization that inspires girls of color from low-income families to discover their passion for STEM. Through our programs, we empower the next generation of young female innovators and leaders to change the world. Since the launch of our programs in 2000, Techbridge Girls has directly served over 6,000 girls in grades 4-12 through after-school and summer programs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Seattle, and Washington, D.C. Through Professional Development work, we have served over 20,000 girls via our national partnerships with Society of Women Engineers, Girl Scouts USA and the YMCA USA. Additionally, we have trained over 20,000 role models, teachers, and families to support girls’ paths toward STEM careers. With 25 employees and an annual organizational budget of approximately $3 million, Techbridge Girls is poised for bold growth to increase our impact.
TBG has a robust professional development approach to inspiring girls to pursue STEM. We understand that building the capacity of educators, especially in the out-of-school time space, is a critical piece of our work. The Program Manager, Professional Development will manage and execute our new Techbridge Inspire™ program, as well as other professional development activities for the region, which may include STEM Learning Communities, Train-the-Trainer, and subject specific workshops. The Program Manager reports to the regional lead, the California Executive Director.
Please note that this position requires a clean driving record and access to a reliable car for frequent local travel.
Professional Development Services:
● Deliver high-quality training, and complementary coaching, to clients seeking to advance their skills in STEM program delivery.
● Develop and conduct additional trainings at conferences and events.
● Cultivate and maintain strong and effective relationships with our partners.
● Keep up-to-date with research on gender equity (in STEM) and informal STEM programs.
Program Management and Evaluation:
● A variety of administrative responsibilities including: managing the applications and selection process, coordination procurement and packaging of supplies, coordinating all communication with participating partner organizations, managing the budget and monthly invoicing, tracking attendance, and managing invoices from partners.
● Write clear, concise reports and deliver findings tailored to the needs of specific partners and funders.
● Contribute regularly to the organization's marketing strategies, including social media content. ● Support the development, implementation, and evaluation of various training initiatives. ● Seek opportunities for funding and support new partnerships.
● Contribute to the development of Techbridge Girls’ overall professional development model.
This is a full-time position based out of Techbridge Girls’ Oakland office. Techbridge Girls offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Benefits include health, vacation, retirement and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
● Bachelor’s degree required (STEM or education degree a plus) and minimum of 2 years’ experience facilitating training or other in professional development programs for adults. Strong preference for experience delivering STEM programs in informal education settings.
● Dynamic communicator, presenter, trainer and facilitator, particularly in using adult learning and interactive methods.
● Experience coaching and/or mentoring adults
● Excellent organizational and time-management skills, and strong record of follow-through on assigned tasks.
● Demonstrated relationship-building skills, with success in cultivating long-term partnerships; strong customer-service skills.
● Knowledge of, and interest in, equity issues affecting women and people of color in STEM.
● Experience working with youth from low-income communities and underrepresented groups.
● Must possess a valid Driver’s License with clean DMV record; proof of insurance and reliable personal mode of transportation.
● Ability to travel locally and, occasionally, nationally.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please compose a cover letter that describes your commitment to the mission of Techbridge Girls and how your experience fits the qualifications of the position. Please email cover letter, including your compensation requirements, and resume with the subject “Program Manager, Professional Development for the Oakland office”.
Techbridge Girls is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workforce.