Your role stands at the intersection of providing administrative and development support to our Washington affiliate and the fight to change the odds for historically underserved children and families. The Washington Operations & Development Coordinator is responsible for providing executive support, development support, events support, and coordinating all operations, and office management systems in the office. This individual will play a key role in planning and supporting impactful campaigns. Through your proactive organized approach to the role, you get the opportunity to work with colleagues who not only care deeply about justice and equity, but who are bold and strategic and take responsibility for achieving substantial progress toward our mission every year.
Stand is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
o Maintain the Executive Director’s schedule, including coordinate team calendars, schedule staff meetings, schedule meetings and phone calls with funders, coalition partners, and other leaders and stakeholders as needed;
o Manage team travel logistics;
o Assist the Executive Director in tracking state deliverables;
o Provide project management support as assigned;
Provide Fund Development Support
o Support the Executive Director to create and update contacts; process and acknowledge gifts within 24 hours of receipt; and manage gift processing for large fundraising events;
o Conduct research and due diligence for new foundations and grant prospects; gain guidance from Executive Director on approach as well as on expanding support from current foundations;
o Help write and steward foundation grant proposals in partnership with the Executive Director and program staff; coordinate with National on multi-state grants;
o Track proposal progress and maintain grants calendar, including but not limited to submission deadlines and budgeting;
o Ensure timely and accurate grant reporting and submission;
Operations and Office Management
o Create, implement, and manage office systems; including manage shared calendars and staff meetings;
o Coordinate all office purchasing and office supplies; manage relationships with all vendors, such as printers, designers, and other outside sources; ensure all contracts and expenses fall within budget parameters;
o Manage all technology systems at the local level, including copier, phone system, and database; work with off-site, internal technology staff to coordinate equipment and troubleshooting; act as liaison between internal and external technology staff as necessary;
o Act as a liaison to the Shared Services teams regarding financial and operational procedures;
o Liaise with the Talent Team and other relevant Shared Services teams in order to conduct orientations for all new staff on office policies and procedures; manage office layout and resources;
o Oversee office culture and team-building activities;
Event Planning and Coordination
o Provide event coordination support for all meetings and events including Center for High School Success Institutes, lobby days, member meetings, coalition meetings, and community-oriented listening and informational sessions with the Organizing team;
o For all events; research, book, schedule services, and manage payment of various vendors such as event venues, A/V companies, caterers, printers, florists, and interpreters; provide day of support.
· Passionate commitment to Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability;
· Minimum of 3 years of combined professional experience with administrative/executive support and/or fund development support;
· Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word; high comfort level with technology;
· Salesforce experience preferred;
· Exceptional organizational and project management skills, keen attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and proactive problem-solving skills;
· Ability to gracefully manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline in a fast-paced work environment;
· Ability to follow through on commitments to others and accept and incorporate direct feedback;
· High comfort level with rolling out new information or systems to team and helping in troubleshooting and adoption process;
· Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus;
· Ability to work occasional weekends and/or evenings;
· Ability to transport items (less than 10 pounds); ability to be stationary for extended periods of time; may require the ability to climb stairs.
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or marital status. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. We predominantly partner with low-income communities of color. Therefore, though race and other legally protected characteristics are never used to make final hiring decisions, we place a particular focus on recruiting staff members who share the backgrounds of the communities we serve.
Your role stands at the intersection of providing administrative and development support to our Washington affiliate and the fight to change the odds for historically underserved children and families. The Washington…
Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus