Teach English abroad: EFTC is always looking for future English Teachers!
- Job posted by Education for the Children Foundation
Full Time Contract
Escuela Proyecto La Esperanza
1a Avenida #25A Colonia La Asunción
EFTC’s School of Hope, founded in 2005, is currently in the process of developing a fully bilingual academic programme (Spanish/English) that offers children and young adults the opportunity to study from reception through to junior high (K-9). For graduating students, EFTC offers a full scholarship to study a course of choice until entrance to employment.
Due to the long process of hiring from overseas we are starting early and advertising for future years. Want to start planning a year (or more) abroad and help contribute to our amazing Foundation?
We are looking for candidates with a formal qualification and registration in Education (either a teacher or ESL or similar trained but with experience in classroom management and working with at-risk youth is a plus).
Key Responsibilities & Duties
The English Teacher’s key responsibilities, as follows, are non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver classes in English to the assigned grades aligned to the School of Hope’s English curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, in accordance with the School of Hope’s curriculum, that are both appropriate to the Grade level as well as individual student needs.
- Meet weekly or monthly goals and objectives that are set previously in lesson plans.
- Carry out monthly quick tests with all students to monitor student progress and development.
- Establish and maintain standards of discipline and student behaviour to achieve a positive and functional learning environment in the classroom.
- Participate in curriculum and professional development activities and programs, as requested. You may also be required to carry out independent study and investigation to ensure that the required standard is met.
- Liaise closely with the English Team, Coordinators and Departments, on a regular basis, to develop and support Foundation initiatives that promote EFTC, the School of Hope and its work.
- Work in alliance with the EFTC Social department to identify students with learning difficulties, emotional distress or possible health problems. Any unusual behaviour or cause for concern must be communicated to your in-line manager immediately.
- Promote the EFTC mission, vision and core value at all times!
Level of Language Proficiency
English native/advanced and Spanish minimum conversational/intermediate as we have a diverse bilingual team.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your CV and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and send it to:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org