Social Worker, Permanency Resource Center
- Job posted by New Alternatives for Children of New York City
Details: Competitive salaries
37 West 26th Street, 6th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. NAC is currently seeking qualified social workers to work in our new Regional Permanency Resource Center (PRC). NAC’s PRC will provide a range of case management, mental health and supportive services to post adoptive and post guardianship families throughout the NYC area. The main goals of these services is to ensure that families have an enhanced capacity to provide for their children and receive appropriate services to meet their educational, physical, social/emotional development, and mental health needs and children have permanent and stable family attachments following adoption and legal guardianship. Applicants must be strength-based, culturally competent and committed to family preservation and resilience. The PRC is a home and community-based program.
Title: Social Worker
Department: Regional Permanency Center
Location: 37 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10010
· Provides comprehensive psychosocial and family-centered needs assessment;
· Provides trauma-assessment/screening;
· Provides family-centered, case management and clinical services utilizing individual, family and group work modalities;
· Participates as a team member in weekly case review meetings;
· Coordinates services as recommended by NAC’s interdisciplinary treatment team which includes our psychiatrist, psychologist, pediatrician, nurses, educators, parent advocate and entitlement and resource staff;
· Provides case coordination with hospitals, schools, mental health clinics and community-based organizations;
· Provides Information, referral and advocacy services;
· Provides education support, intervention and advocacy;
· Ensures adherence to agency and programmatic policies and regulations; completes all required documentation in our behavioral health record.
· Makes use of weekly individual and group supervision, on-site clinical trainings, and our monthly in-service mental health trainings.
· MSW from an accredited school of social work; LMSW preferred;
· Knowledge or prior experience in child welfare and the unique needs of adoptive and guardianship families;
· Work hours are generally 9-5pm; must be flexible to meet the needs of youth and parents.
· Proficiency in Spanish is a plus; competitive salaries.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please indicate "Social Worker – Permanency Resource Centre" in the subject line when applying. Please email cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”