2770 Third Avenue
Masa is a community-based organization dedicated to partnering with Mexican and Latino immigrant children, youth, and families to develop strong learners and leaders who fully contribute to the broader community. We offer a broad range of educational, leadership, and advocacy programs.
We are seeking a Family Empowerment Coordinator to partner with families to develop and implement programs aligned to the interests, strengths, and needs of the Masa community, including an economic empowerment program for immigrant mothers ages 0-5.
About the Family Empowerment Coordinator
Masa seeks a Family Empowerment Coordinator to lead the development and implementation of our programs for parents and caretakers. The right person for this job will be excited about partnering with immigrant parents to develop and implement programs aligned to the interests, strengths, and needs of the Masa community.
Responsibilities will include:
- Program development and management: Use backwards planning to identify program goals and objectives, and manage each phase of developing and implementing new programs with a particular focus on economic security and empowerment of mothers of young children; engage in ongoing reflection, including actively soliciting feedback from families, to refine and improve programs; manage all program data, including demographic, enrollment, satisfaction, and outcome data
- Parent-Child Home Program Family Childcare Program: Plan and implement PCHP Family Childcare Program with a small cohort of potential or existing childcare providers to increase quality of care available for young children; supervise home visitor and any interns/volunteers
- Case management and referrals: Manage case management and referral support provided by Masa; develop tools to support goal-setting, especially with respect to economic security and supporting early childhood development, assess urgency of presenting issues, etc.; provide case management support and make targeted referrals to select parents/caregivers; develop expertise in relevant local resources and programs to support appropriate referrals and build staff capacity/knowledge
- Curriculum/workshop development: Plan and facilitate workshops/courses for cohorts of parents/caregivers aligned to program goals and community interests, with special attention to supporting financial literacy, workforce development, entrepreneurship, and peer/socioemotional support, taking into account varied educational and linguistic backgrounds of participants; identify and collaborate with appropriate outside partners to offer additional workshops
- Community relationship development: Establish and deepen relationships with outside partners who provide programs or support in demand within the Masa community; make referrals to partners and/or identity partners to provide workshops or other services at Masa
- Events: As needed, plan all aspects of events for the Masa family community, such as end-of-cycle celebrations or community fairs
- External relations:Represent Masa in conversations with funders, elected officials, and other audiences
The right candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and English
- At least two years of program development experience, including program planning, managing staff, and managing data
- At least two years of instructional, curriculum development, or adult education experience, such as planning and facilitating workshops
- Deep knowledge of and experience with immigrant communities
- Skilled project manager comfortable working independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects on differing timelines
- Ability to effectively supervise interns and/or support staff
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Good writing and public speaking skills in both English and Spanish
- Experience or interest in early childhood education is strongly desired
- Tech-savvy; comfortable with Microsoft Office suite; SalesForce a plus
- Social work degree preferred
Work schedule will include evenings and weekends. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish, fully bilingual
Minimum Education Required