100 Wall Street
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships, the Partnerships Specialist will support and coordinate in an administrative capacity, the daily operations of CMMB’s fundraising efforts with Major and Planned Gift donors and institutional partners. The Specialist will assist with the management and effective engagement of the departments major and planned gift portfolios. The Specialist will actively contribute to our constituents understanding of CMMB’s mission.
- Organize weekly departmental meetings by coordinating calendars, agenda items, departmental goals
- Provide administrative support for major donors and institutional gifts including trusts, estates, annuities and other charitable life income products.
- Maintain all departmental filings, paper and electronic records.
- Manage the department’s annual budget, and tracking maintenance.
- Coordinate the administration of database correspondence and all acknowledgement letters for major donors and for all strategic partnerships, ensuring integrity of data and a seamless workflow.
- Support the proposal and partnership development process for all major donor categories and for partnership opportunities.
- Help coordinate all communications, both print and digital (Annual Report, Quarterly Reports, etc.) from the Department, either in-house or with the printers.
- Preparing exhibits, presentations, correspondence for events.
- Assist with major events management and event materials
- Prepare all Board of Directors and Committee documents and presentations for the Partnerships Department, as well as, assist with the Board Meetings documents and presentations.
- Coordinate donor cultivation meetings and assist with logistical travel arrangements for the Partnership department (hotel, airplane, VISAs)
- Monitor and update employee, donor, and partner information on designated systems or databases.
- Assist with ongoing gift administration for Major Donors, Corporations, Foundations, and Organization, including Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), Donor Advised Fund and Stock gifts.
- Work closely with the Director of Partnerships to help market and manage the Planned Giving Program. Draft and create Charitable Gift Annuity proposals and contracts in PGCalc.
- Provide support in tracking and managing the Department’s Planned Giving cashflow for each Fiscal Year. Liaison with the executor/attorney of each estate to ensure timely communications.
- Oversee all required State filings for the Planned Gift program and Independent Audit.
- Manage the Department’s assigned interns and special projects
- Serve as key liaison for the partnerships department with other departments to ensure a unified approach to planning and implementation of joint activities.
- Manage special development activities to generate new major donor engagement and revenue generation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in an administrative role, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Familiarity with handling various gift vehicles, including checks, restricted awards, trusts, estates, and annuities
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and respect diversity
- Strong drive for customer service and result orientation
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, and perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to engage with external audiences to contribute to CMMB’s brand.
- Understanding of databases and online platforms.
- Must be comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with PGCalc, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, NXT, Luminate is added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Spanish or French is a plus.
Minimum Education Required