Details: Commensurate with experience.
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that seeks to improve systems of democracy and justice in the United States. We work to hold our political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all. Brennan Center’s work ranges from voting rights to campaign finance reform, from ending mass incarceration to preserving Constitutional protection in the fight against terrorism. Part think tank, part advocacy group, part cutting edge communications hub, we start with rigorous research. We craft innovative policies. And we fight for them – in Congress and the states, the courts, and in the court of public opinion.
The Brennan Center has an exciting opportunity for a Drupal Web Producer to work on maintaining and improving the Center's website.
The Brennan Center website needs work. We are in the process of building a new site, but that won’t go live for another 12 months. We need a web producer who can jump into improving the UI of our existing site, building pages, and troubleshooting issues. The web producer will also play important role in the new website strategy.
We are expanding the communications and digital team and seeking someone with an interest in emerging technology, mobile, social integration and keeping abreast of new methods to expand our mission digitally.
- Make production updates to brennancenter.org
- Work with the Digital Manager to assess and improve UI.
- Work with content, media, and design teams to build web pages, carrying out all aspects of page production, including formatting text, placing video, optimizing images
- Respond to website requests and provide appropriate and timely solutions.
- Provide training to content contributors on using Drupal and following best practices for authoring web content.
- Log and raise technical issues with content management system (CMS) and related production technology
- Carry out production and coordination for special projects
- Work primarily in Drupal CMS, and use other programs as required, including Adobe Photoshop
- Contribute to web strategy discussions, offer solutions, and perform other tasks related to our dynamic and collaborative approach to web development.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- 3-5 years experience with Drupal themes.
- Self starter, able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise or education in user interface design, interaction design, and/or information design.
- Experience with graphic design for the web, including familiarity with graphics software such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and exceptional decision-making skills.
Salary: The salary is highly competitive in the field and commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is available as well.
Applications: Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and decisions will be made as soon as exemplary candidates are identified. Visit https://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/rB3vZHw4yp/Web-Producer-Drupal. Please upload the following application materials: cover letter (copy and paste where indicated), resume, and contact information for three references. Also provide URLs for 3-5 projects in which you have been involved, with a narrative explanation of your role in their development; detail any challenges or complications you overcame. No phone calls or faxes. Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you have difficulty with the online system, you may send your application by e-mail to: email@example.com with “Web Producer (Drupal)” in the subject line, after registering in the online system. Applying through our website is strongly preferred.
The Brennan Center for Justice is committed to a workplace based on equal opportunity and a strong belief in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, Brennan Center:
- Hires staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity;
- Considers and hires applicants who have been previously incarcerated;
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the Brennan Center community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.
A generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and decisions will be made as soon as exemplary candidates are identified. Visit https://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/rB3vZHw4yp/Web-Producer-Drupal. Please upload the following application materials: cover letter (copy and paste where indicated), resume, and contact information for three references. Also provide URLs for 3-5 projects in which you have been involved, with a narrative explanation of your role in their development; detail any challenges or complications you overcame. No phone calls or faxes. Please reference where you saw this posting.