Details: $4,000 to $5,000 a year dependent upon experience and demonstrated proficiency. Bonus will be based on the attainment of goals outlined by the Board.
Join our team of passionate volunteers to assist us in organizing and implementing the Alki Art Fair! The Fair features over 75 local artist and craft vendors, live music, interactive kid’s activities, food carts, and the ever-popular silent auction held in the historic Alki Bathhouse. The 22nd Fair will be held July 27-28, 2019.
We are seeking a dynamic and organized individual to serve as our Director, who plays a critical role in ensuring the successful execution of the Fair each year. The Director is a contract position reporting to the Board of Directors and signs a yearly contract, from January to December. The Director is eligible to re-apply for the position every year and the ideal candidate would continue with the Fair for at least 3 years.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for all communication, contracts, and applications with the City of Seattle.
2. Manage vendor (artist and food) relationships including:
- Review incoming applications using an on-line management system.
- Hold juries leading up to the Fair for artist selection.
- Correspond with selected artists and manage pre-fair requests.
- Create and send periodic E-mails/E-newsletters throughout the year.
- Perform artist outreach to attract new vendors.
3. Oversee the following Committee Chairs and their responsibilities:
- Children’s Activities Chair, Performance (Music) Chair, and Volunteer Chair.
- Coordinate and run Committee Chair meetings February through July.
4. Manage all rental and contracted services for the Fair (Ex. Tents, Bus, Security, etc.).
5. Be on site both days of the Fair to oversee daily operations including setup, breakdown, daily closing, and on-site artist needs to ensure the event is running smoothly.
6. Engagement with the Board of Directors including:
- Attend monthly Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Assist in identifying and performing community outreach throughout the year.
- Develop annual event budget with the Treasurer and execute the event within that budget.
- Previous event experience preferred.
- Must be available for monthly meetings and the Fair weekend.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills.
- The ability to multi-task as well as work both independently and as a member of a small but dedicated team.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage basic database programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with social media platforms is a plus.
- Experience with WordPress and MailChimp (or similar programs) is a plus.
There are no benefits for this position.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required