CARE SPECIALISTS (MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS- BI-LINGUAL A PLUS)
- Job posted by Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens, New York
Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc. (“CCNS”) is a not-for-profit corporation incorporated in 1947. We are a multi service social service agency with approximately 150 programs and services in Brooklyn and Queens. Among the programs operated by CCNS are day care and head start centers, mental health programs, senior centers, AIDS scattered site housing, prevention programs, and a homelessness prevention program. The BHCC- DOHMH program serves and assists individuals with a history of serious mental illness (SMI), and/or a history of multiple inpatient hospitalizations. The primary program goal is to help all service recipients continue living in the community and facilitate access to the services and supports necessary to enhance or maintain their level of functioning and sense of personal satisfaction in their lives and in their communities with respect to their individualized goals and objectives.
CCNS is currently seeking to fill several full time Care Specialist positions for its Queens Care Coordination program.
Under the direct supervision of the HH Team Supervisor, the Care Specialist has overall day-to-day responsibility and accountability for coordinating all aspects of care for assigned health home serving children members with complex medical and/or psychiatric co-morbid conditions and for facilitating their access to the full range of medical, behavioral health, substance use, social and psychosocial services in the community, in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties of the Care Specialist focus on integration and coordination of physical health, mental health and social service needs. The Care Specialist has to become an active participant in all phases of care transition to assure that members receive all required mental and medical follow up care and services, and must also take action around re-engagement of members who have become lost to care. The Care Specialist electronically documents, monitors, and tracks data regarding health home members and alert all members of the Care Team when follow-up is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or a related health/human services field with two (2) years of direct work with the target population. OR Degree/certification in Medical and Clinical Assistance or Health professional field.
- The position requires a combination of skills in the areas of crisis intervention, time management, and psychosocial rehabilitation skills.
- Ability in linking clients to a broad range of services essential to successfully living in a community setting (e.g., medical, psychiatric, social, educational, legal, housing and financial services). Must have excellent communication skills.
- Cross-cultural competency, outreach, interviewing, listening, advocating, linking, negotiating, engagement, monitoring and clinical assessment skills are essential.
- Excellent computer skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of the community medical resources and their financial requirements.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in second language preferred
Please click on the link below or copy & past into your browser:
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
Minimum Education Required