Details: 25.49/hour; 35 hours per week
625 Andover Park West
Temporary Bookkeeper Job Announcement
POSITION: Temporary Bookkeeper. This position includes general bookkeeping tasks, financial reporting, and office support functions. It is a temporary position which will exist for approximately 60 days. There is a permanent Financial Manager position to be posted during that time, to which the Temporary Bookkeeper may apply.
Date Posted: August 3, 2018
Resumes accepted until: August 17, 2018
Salary: $25.49 per hour, 35 hours per week, in accordance with OPEIU 8 collective bargaining agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, and as part of the Administrative Support Team (AST), the Temporary Bookkeeper will be responsible for bookkeeping, reporting, and administrative support tasks including:
· Bookkeeping, including payables, per capita processing, and financial statement preparation.
· COPE (Committee On Political Education) reporting and contribution processing.
· Political finance reporting, including Washington State Public Disclosure Commission and Seattle Ethical Elections Commission.
· Payroll processing, including taxes, recordkeeping, and ACH management.
· Staff reimbursements to include mileage verification and payment.
· Proofing and review of financial documents.
· Performing other related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
· A minimum of three years’ experience as a bookkeeper or other similar role.
· Demonstrated writing ability and the ability to communicate financial information to a layperson.
· Experience working as a member of a team, including planning and implementing projects with team members.
· Familiarity with use of spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
· Familiarity with QuickBooks.
· Understanding of the concept and use of a racial/social equity lens as related to individual and organizational processes, practices, and programs.
· Experience working with ORCA and political reporting.
· Experience with union financial reporting and recordkeeping.
· Working knowledge of Washington’s labor community and the coalitions and organizations with which AFT Washington participates.
· High proficiency with MS Office software.
· High proficiency with QuickBooks.
Please forward resume and three references to:
James To, Operations Manager
AFT Washington, AFL-CIO
Attn: Temporary Bookkeeper Position
625 Andover Park West, Suite 111
Tukwila, WA 98188
For technical questions about AFT Washington, please call James To at 206-495-5967.
AFT Washington is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Additionally, the organization strives to eradicate all forms of oppression and achieve equity for all. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status and with consideration of their understanding of institutionalized oppression and strategies for addressing it.
This position is represented by OPEIU Local 8.
Minimum Education Required