1030 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Under the guidance of the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the coordination of activities (operations and planning), and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office. S/he will handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast paced professional environment. This will require the ability to deal with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes essential to this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide executive administrative and project management support to 3 groups of executives: 1) CEO, 2) Chairman of the Board of Directors, and 3) Executive Leadership Team (as needed)
- Executive Professional, right hand to the CEO essentially responsible for managing the operation of the CEO’s agenda. This includes daily management of the schedule, ensuring that he/she knows schedule 24 hours in advance and keeping meetings and appointments on time, or changing schedules when necessary. Also provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office, board of Directors, internal departments, and external clients; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with all levels of management.
- Responsible for the organization, coordination, follow-up, editorial quality of paper files/records/documents and retrieval of documentation relevant to the CEO’s agenda as assigned by the CEO.
- Ability to anticipate the CEO’s needs, act accordingly and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support addressing management issues.
- Manage CEO travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips, including arranging appropriate travel and accommodations, agendas, necessary contacts, marketing materials, other necessary preparations and after-action reviews.
- Ability to manage, coordinate and execute various projects, both in and out of the office. Represent the CEO in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations and in written correspondence. Also researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action; referral or response.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO. Also, provide regular updates on the progress of assigned projects.
- Provides assistance in developing reports and action plans for strategic planning.
- Provides periodic support for the executive team members.
- Provides a strong emphasis on governance, member relations, and staff relations.
- Process and maintain BENS-related business expenses for CEO.
- Helps CEO manage output, work flow, and office deadlines. Follows up and makes sure that action items are completed.
- Documents notes when necessary at Board of Directors meetings and any other meetings assigned by the CEO.
- Oversees the Board of Directors and Executive Committee read ahead packets for clarity and format.
- Performs additional duties assigned or as required to effectively meet the responsibilities of the position.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Five to ten years’ experience as an executive assistant is required.
- Advanced computer skills in current industry standards software (proficiency and comfort with technology hardware and several software applications).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent organization skills in order to collaborate efficiently. Candidate must have experience as an Executive Assistant working with staffs of senior government civilian and military leadership. Strong understanding of and commitment to member support and service is required.
- Ability to thrive in energetic, fast-paced organization with high expectations for written product delivery and professional staff standards.
Minimum Education Required