Details: Salary based on experience
712 North Wells Street
- Department: DOVE (Development Outreach Visibility Engagement)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours: 40+ (salaried)
- Location: 712 N Wells, Chicago, IL 60654.
Greenheart International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to connecting people and planet to create a more peaceful and sustainable global community. We achieve our goals through a unique set of programs and initiatives fostering cultural exchange, eco-fair trade, volunteerism, personal development and environmentalism. Greenheart encompasses four main branches: Greenheart Exchange, Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, and Greenheart Transforms.
The DOVE team supports the parent organization and all branches on their Development, Outreach, Visibility, and Engagement efforts. This position works within our Visibility (marketing) sub-team and is comprised of experts in video, web, and design. Our staff don’t just create materials, they make the Greenheart brand come to life.
What we’re looking for:
This position is the heart of our brand. Our graphic designer is responsible for developing and managing all our materials (both print and digital). We are seeking a strategic, creative professional who is a team player. They work very closely with all departments to create and maintain beautiful, fresh, consistent materials.
Some things you might do as our Graphic Designer:
- Oversees and manages the Greenheart brand, including all branches.
- Oversee all designs and branded materials for Greenheart International and its branches to assure they’re in alignment with Greenheart style guide and branding while continuing to foster a culture of synergy between all branches.
- Create marketing and communication materials for print and digital including, but not limited to brochures, banners, posters, postcards, catalogs, collateral, magnets, one pagers, program booklets, retail signage, t-shirts, advertisements, hero images, stickers, newsletter headers and templates, images for all social media platforms, infographics, etc.
- Continue developing knowledge and skillset to apply them to Greenheart International designs and cohesion between print and web/digital branding.
- Oversee promotional materials and design archives for Greenheart International.
- Assemble newsletters and branded emails via mass email communication platforms.
- Provide workshops/trainings to empower liaisons and branches to create smaller branded materials.
- Manage ordering records with prices and savings for Greenheart International ordering.
- Communicating with creative teams, providing suggestion and support.
- Maintain strong relationships with visibility liaisons and vendors and design contractors.
- Continue building out maintenance of Digital Asset Management Systems.
- Assist with photography and video motion graphics needed.
- Potential opportunity to support and guide Greenheart design interns.
Some qualifications you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or related field
- 1-3 years of graphic design experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign required, After Effects a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strategic team player with great communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be organized and efficient.
- Demonstrated experience in a high output environment.
Compensation: Salary based on experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Sound likes the perfect fit? Tell us WHY by sending your resume, portfolio, and customized cover letter in PDF format to Courtney Guengerich, Human Resources Generalist, at HR(AT)greenheart(DOT)org. A cover letter and prototile are required for your application to be considered.
Due to the amount of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.