Details: The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 5,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 20 cities across six states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 11,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Google.org, among many others.
CEO is seeking a Coordinator, Employee Experience who will play a valuable role in carrying out and driving our three-year strategic talent plan forward by supporting initiatives aimed at creating a best-in-class employee experience at CEO. The Coordinator, Employee Experience will be a core member of the Human Capital team and will focus on coordinating and implementing systems and structures that promote a fair, inclusive, engaging, and responsive work experience for all of our staff in the areas of staff learning and development, internal communications, and talent engagement. They will also support the team’s people data collection and analysis efforts, championing the use of this data in driving system and experience improvements.
This is an exciting time to join CEO as our Human Capital and larger CEO team are experiencing growth and expansion that yields new and additional career pathway opportunities for prospective candidates, current team members, and staff alumni.
Who You Are
- You’re eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive improvements to the employee experience for all within a fast-paced, mission-driven, and social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You believe that it is important to make decisions through a lens of ever-increasing opportunities for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You value learning from your clients and customers (internal and external) and consider the user experience to be integral to systems building work; you’re highly curious and excited to learn about different people’s motivations and interests
- You believe and have some experience in collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive strategy and decision making
- You’re able to coordinate multiple moving pieces and maintain an efficient workflow under pressure despite setbacks; you are detail-oriented and enjoy employing your organizational abilities and time and project management skills to support your performance
- You’ve demonstrated an aptitude and ability with technology (with the Google Suite) and you’ve used systems to collect and report out on data
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Coordinator, Employee Experience will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Employee Engagement and Development
- Coordinate initiatives designed to foster an environment that welcomes and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion; provide opportunities for continued staff and manager development; promote a culture of continuous, meaningful, and actionable feedback between all team members; and ensure that compensation is externally competitive and internally equitable
- Administer formal evaluation processes and systems at CEO such as CEO’s annual performance management cycle and 90-Day New Hire Review
- Provide research and logistical support for learning opportunities for managers and staff with external vendors and facilitators
- With manager support, develop and implement internal communications mechanisms to build greater staff awareness of the incredible things happening at CEO
- Build a skill set around supporting and coaching supervisors on issues tied to staff performance and engagement
Data Collection and Analysis
- Coordinate the people data cycle at CEO, by collecting people data through a variety of methods, including the creation and administration of surveys and interviews, by analyzing people data and supporting data deep dives/action planning with staff, and by communicating data trends and plans to address
- Prepare reports and data dashboards that support the team and organization in measuring its progress against human capital and employee experience goals and metrics, distributing these to key stakeholders as needed
- Facilitate and lead team meetings as needed; prep materials and coordinate logistics for meetings and events as needed
- Contribute to research on technological platforms and best practices that enhance this work
- Collaborate with Talent Recruitment team in ensuring hiring practices and policies are fair and inclusive and lead to stronger internal candidate pipelines
- Contribute to the analysis of department-specific budget expenditures
- Contribute to the development of CEO’s 1, 3, and 5-year talent strategy, outcomes, and metrics; envision and execute methods to track talent-specific metrics
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continuous learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, using the link provided.