1230 York Avenue
The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
We seek a jack of all trades Administrator to join our Laboratory of the Biology of Addictive Diseases and handle everything from accounting and finance to grants administration and administrative functions!
As the Administrator, you will:
- Oversee the office and laboratory of the Principal Investigator (PI) working in a lab of 20 people
- Manage the PI's schedule and arrange travel
- Handle all aspects of the laboratory's finances including budget accounting of several large accounts, including private and federal grants, write progress reports and other administrative demands of grant applications (including budgets)
- Process all laboratory personnel and adjunct appointments, including new hires and terminations
- Compose correspondence and interact with government officials, collaborators, and Rockefeller University staff on laboratory matters
- Upkeep service contracts, answer telephones, filing, some transcription, processing expenses and other administrative and clerical tasks
- Oversee preparation of IRB documents in conjunction with the clinical staff for annual reviews
- Assist the PI with personal matters on occasion
You are excited to work as an integral member of a productive team and are willing to take on a broad range of tasks.
- Organized, adaptable and thrive in a high-energy, multi-tasking environment
- Independent but also able to work within a team as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Have excellent writing skills, and strong command of the English language
- The ability to be discreet and handle confidentiality issues are a must
- Willing to acquire new skills and resourceful in seeking out solutions
- Knowledgeable of grant writing and management and comfortable with budgets and basic accounting
- Experience with Oracle and the IRB grant submission process is helpful, but not required
- Bachelor's degree
We offer competitive salaries and all of the comprehensive benefits you’d expect (medical/dental insurances, FSA, retirement planning, commuting expense reimbursement) plus a whole lot more:
- on-site daycare/preschool
- free fitness center (personal training, strength training classes, yoga, run clubs, state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment)
- free tennis and squash courts
- free classical music concerts
- free robust events program that attracts many of the world's foremost scientists, cultural innovators and thought leaders
For more information on our benefits, please click here.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative work environment.
To apply to this job, please visit the URL below and apply to IRC20901. Please make sure to upload your resume and a cover letter.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans