4520 Martin Luther King Junior Way South
Boys & Girls Clubs of King County is the third largest major metro Boys & Girls Clubs in the US. If you are passionate about youth development, love to connect with people, have a proven track record of results with youth and want to be part of our awesome YouthForce Program, Boys & Girls Clubs might be your next big step!
We serve over 17,000 children annually in 29 Clubs throughout King County. Come help us help kids.
YouthForce (YF) is the youth career development program at Boys & Girls Clubs of King County (BGCKC). YouthForce provides underserved teens with the confidence, leadership and career competencies needed to reach their full potential through unique mentored internship programs with local businesses and a structured workshop curriculum.
Opportunity Overview: Database Administrator
Support the Executive Director as an ambassador and role model for local teens. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations for our WIOA grant. The Administrator will oversee the ETO database by entering new members, updating records, exiting members, running reports, auditing and updating policies. Position will include case management and oversee a caseload of WIOA youth including follow-up services. This position is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, organized and creative self-starter who enjoys working with diverse youth.
· Manage ETO database – Input and update regularly with membership information
· Assist with on-boarding paperwork for all programs
· Assist with the management, reporting and tracking of grants
· Assist YF staff with general office duties, such as receiving visitors & interns, answering phone calls, event management, and more
· Contribute to programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success while contributing to creating a Club environment that facilitates Youth Development Outcome achievement
· Participate in special programs or events as directed by Executive Director
· Other duties as assigned
· Conduct assessments, determine eligibility for programs and enroll individuals.
· Provide job development in accordance with quarterly program goals. This may include career exploration, workshops, career progression and pathway building, and working with YouthForce staff to problem solve
· Track participant activities and achievements into client files, case notes and multiple databases in a timely manner
· Actively participate in partner collaborative initiatives
· Ensure all participants achieve program milestones as outlined in the program’s contract.
· Provide exit coaching and retention support to participants.
· Support Teen Employment Conference and Youth Resource Fair
· Support Informational Interviews
· Support YouthForce workshops
· Support Executive Director with Lunch Break and Kids Auction
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with BGCKC staff (professional and volunteer), BGCKC members, YF interns and supervisor. Communicate daily to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions. Collaborate with other Clubs as appropriate.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, interns and their parents, partner agencies and companies as necessary to be successful in position and as directed by Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· High School diploma, or GED. Some college experience is preferred
· Previous database experience is required
· Case Management and career development experience is required
· Demonstrated understanding of local ethnic communities, labor market, local employer base, WorkSource system, social service and education institutions in King County.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent verbal and communication skills
· Strong organization and attention to detail, professional presence, strong customer relations skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
· Successful completion of National Criminal History Background check
· Current CPR and First Aid Certifications
· Knowledge and/or experience working with a non-profit youth development agency preferred
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Capacity to create an inclusive environment and effectively work with teens and staff from culturally diverse backgrounds
· Passion for working with teens while providing support and resources
· Flexible personality with the professional composure to make critical decisions through conflict resolution and mediation skills
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
· Ability to work closely with a team and contribute positively to operations and working relationships
· Current First Aid/CPR Certification
· Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record as determined by BGCKC Vehicle Loss Prevention Program, must be 21 years old or older to drive Club owned and operated vehicles previously
· Valid Washington State Driver’s License
Generous benefit package including vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, and vision.
Full-time, requires a flexible work schedule and includes some weekends.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website: http://positiveplace.org/aboutus/Pages/careers.aspx