Provides administrative support to the Chief Development Officer.
Primary Job Functions:
- Maintains department records and reports;
- Composes correspondence as directed;
- Assists with production of financial spreadsheets as necessary;
- Compiles and enters data for special donor promotions;
- Maintains a calendar and travel schedule for the development, communications, digital and editorial staff;
- Processes requisitions, invoices, and expense vouchers in coordination with the finance department;
- Sorts/files correspondence, incoming mail, faxes, etc and other documents;
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, etc.;
- Arranges and participates in departmental and other meetings as directed;
- Assists the Individual Giving Department as needed.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Four year degree preferred;
- Minimum 3 years prior work/administrative experience required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Flexible with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Skilled at using MS Office including Word, Excel, e-mail and web research ;
- Ability to perform enterprise database tasks;
- Excellent writing/grammar skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities while under deadlines;
- Must be self-motivated with high work ethic;
- Effective team player;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office management;
- Ability to use all common office equipment;
- Exercises the highest degree of discretion.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
Minimum Education Required