International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The Regional Delegation for the United States and Canada;
Resident position based in Washington D.C
(Only US citizen or Green Card holders may apply)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral humanitarian organization ensuring protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation for the United States and Canada, based in Washington D.C., is hiring a HR Officer to support its Human Resources Department. The incumbent’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that staff management practices and policies are followed and applied correctly
- Serving as the point of contact for general HR matters and issues
- Ensuring that all new employees are properly onboarded, welcomed and well-integrated
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with local labor laws and staff regulations
If you are a highly motivated HR Professional seeking an opportunity to work with all facets of Human Resources, this could be the position for you! We are looking for someone who demonstrates superior customer service, is a self-starter, has a keen sense of detail, and enjoys performing a diverse range of HR functions! If this is you, please continue and review the list of qualifications and responsibilities below!
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Compensation & Payroll:
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly salary reconciliation for all staff, including liaising with our payroll vendor, ADP to ensure accuracy and correctness of salary data
- Responsible for calculating final dues
- Serve as the liaison for our retirement plan vendor, One America, and ICRC staff to ensure contributions to our 403b pension plan are documented accurately (for both the employer and employee)
- Register staff for our medical insurance plan, dental insurance plan and other various insurances as applicable
- Track, monitor and process submitted leave request for validation approval through our Lotus Notes Database
- Enter employee leave request data into our Leave Management System for reporting purposes
- Responsible for writing job vacancy announcements
- Create and organize recruiting files, screen applicants and schedule interviews
- Prepare employment offers and all relevant documentations in consultation with the HR Manager
Personal Files & Archives:
- Responsible for compiling and managing personnel files (e.g. contents, structure, updates, etc.)
- Ensure that individual personnel files (electronic and paper) comply with standard structuring and that they are regularly updated and audited
- Ensure the archiving of HR documents/payroll information in accordance to local legal obligations and institutional guidelines
- Ensure that all delegation level job descriptions are updated and aligned to the functional job descriptions in Geneva
- Responsible for maintaining and updating HRSpace (ICRC’s HRIS)
- Ensure signatures of staff regulations and annexes (e.g. Code of Conduct, etc.) by all staff members
- Serves as the point of contact for all queries concerning the iDevelop Program
- Responsible to register staff to various institutional trainings
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all HR updates in the Team Space database housed in our Intranet
- Serve as the reference person of the mobile staff for school related issues, ensuring the school admissions for their children in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations.
- Reports directly to HR Manager. The HR Officer is expected to collaborate with colleagues throughout the delegation in order to carry out these and other reasonably related duties.
- Must possess and awareness and understanding of the delegation’s objectives and activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules at all times
- Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Washington
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS
- High school Diploma
- 4-year College Degree preferred
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in HR field to include payroll processing
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is a plus
- Strong computer skills, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of ERP is a strongly preferred
- Ability to think critically, troubleshoot, and problem solve
- Very good teamwork and collaboration skills
- Client focused
Applications are due by October 13, 2021 or thereafter on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The desired start date is November 2021.
To apply, please submit your CV and Cover Letter (including salary expectations) to email@example.com
All applicants must confirm in their initial application that they have the right to work permanently in the United States.
*Please note that applicants that are screened in for consideration will be contacted directly.
No calls please.
Our Diversity Commitment. The ICRC is committed to creating a diverse, multicultural environment and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTIQ+ to apply.