The Marketing & Events Manager supports the day-to-day execution of Spark Ventures’ marketing & communications efforts as well as the planning & execution of two major fundraising events and several smaller events annually.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Marketing & Communications
- Manage Spark Ventures’ social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn); produce regular content for posts & actively engage on each platform to increase Spark Ventures’ following.
- Maintain Spark Ventures’ website including producing new content for blog posts and updating content on existing pages.
- Produce bi-monthly mass email communications (using Vertical Response as mass email provider).
- Create event collateral and promotional materials and devise marketing and communications strategies to develop new audiences and retain existing ones, utilizing the full range of print, web and social media platforms as appropriate.
- Manage communications for event recruiting (website landing page, invitation emails & print mailings, social media promotion).
- Manage and create content for event programming/presentations (event collateral, presentation decks, etc.).
- Manage printing of marketing materials and corresponding mailings to donors.
- Support the execution of other multi-channel mass communication efforts.
- Manage public relations outreach.
- Collaborate with Spark’s Events Committee to plan and execute two major annual fundraisers and several smaller events.
- Develop and implement strategies that address short-term and long-term goals to grow and improve events.
- Strategically identify potential venues, themes and/or elements that will increase event outcome.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with event providers and other stakeholders to ensure the highest possible quality standards.
- Negotiate contracts and rates with vendors.
- Draft budgets for events with the support of Spark’s finance committee.
- Secure in-kind donations for auctions and raffles.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships, donations and gifts for events.
- Maintain and update attendee information pre- and post-event.
- Assess event outcomes through financial results, attendee feedback and other metrics.
- Expand existing organizational documentation and processes.
- Regularly report to leadership on event performance and recommend refinements based on Spark needs.
- Lead efforts to ensure that event and donor engagement reflects Spark’s values.
- Serve as liaison to Spark’s Associate Board, Events Committee and other volunteers.
- Hire & manage interns and volunteers.
- Support organizational use of CRM database (Salesforce).
- Donor engagement.
- Support Spark’s Executive Director as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Relevant work experience in marketing & fundraising event planning.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, thorough and productive manner; anticipates contingencies and pays attention to details.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking, ability to create project plans and strategies.
- Team player, but with the ability to work independently, social and relational.
- A familiarity with non-profit usage of social networks (specifically Facebook, Twitter & Instagram).
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop &/or Adobe Illustrator (or other graphic design software) preferred but not required.
- Experience in donor relations.
- Spanish language fluency or proficiency is a plus but not required.
Time commitment: 40 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supported by: NonProfit Assistant