Do great work that matters.
Simprints’ mission is to change the way the world fights poverty. We build technology to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development, making sure that every vaccine, every dollar, every public good reaches the people who need them most. We provide biometric digital ID tools to help NGOs, businesses, and governments deliver essential services to their most vulnerable populations. Backed by Gavi, USAID, FCDO, CIFF, and more, we've partnered with NGOs and governments across 14 countries. To date we've helped deliver health, education, and financial services to over 1.5 million people, and we are already contracted to double that number in the coming two years through our projects in Africa and South Asia.
You can see an example of a recent partnership such as our $2.7M project with Gavi, the vaccine alliance, and the Ghana Ministry of Health here: "How do we track vaccinations for people who don't formally exist?"
Simprints is growing rapidly. We have proven that we can make precision and real-time data a reality on the frontlines of global development. With a new company strategy emphasising a clear market-led focus and expectations of growing our revenue year on year, we’re looking to take the next step and become a major player in the tech4dev space. If you think you could be the right person to lead a world-class partnerships team, we want to hear from you.
The Director of Partnerships–without a doubt–is critical to achieve our ambitious goals. You will report directly to the CEO, and will focus on increasing our reach and impact with partners, including NGOs, governments, funders and social enterprises. From one day to the next, you might be in Washington D.C. (pandemic pending!) landing contracts for some of the biggest international development programmes in the world, mentoring an up-and-coming Partnerships Manager through their first deal in Ghana, or defining and iterating on our commercial strategy for East Africa.
This role is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to work with some of the most exciting partners in global health and development, from Gavi to cutting edge tech companies to national Ministries of Health.
Your responsibilities will be three-fold:
- Lead on all aspects of commercial strategy for Simprints
- Play a key role on the Management team, leading planning and execution for the Partnerships team in line with the company’s annual and quarterly objectives
- Gather and analyse data to drive decisions, identify opportunities, and lead the execution of plans to improve business development
- Explore new business models or revenue streams that can help Simprints maximise its impact while becoming financially sustainable.
- Develop and execute a company-wide communications & advocacy strategy
Create a high-performance Partnerships Team environment
- Manage a team of high performers, ensuring all direct reports have the knowledge, skills, company context and resources to deliver on teamwide revenue goals
- Hire great people, actively identify resourcing gaps and find great talent globally
- Build a terrific partnerships culture, promoting an environment that values empathy and psychological safety to enable a team with candour and genuine care, whilst maintaining a high performing culture
- Identify high potential revenue opportunities through the engagement of your network
- Maintain and develop key relationships with Simprints' most important accounts and funders
- Negotiate and close game-changing style opportunities
- Represent Simprints externally at conferences, networking events, and business development trips (all pandemic pending!)
- Business Development. Track record of closing $1M+ deals within the global development sector, as an individual and with a team
- People Management. The ability to recruit, develop, and retain a team of highly motivated partnerships managers.
- Communication. The skills to align a diverse team behind clear goals to effective negotiation and persuasion (internal and external)
- Relationship / Stakeholder Management. The ability to directly contribute to company success via strong relationship management (e.g. funders, governments, clients)
- Strong business acumen. The ability to interpret revenue, market, & pipeline data into clear action
- Risk mindset. The ability to forecast and mitigate commercial risk
- Tech4dev experience. Time spent working in, and ideally selling, in the tech4dev space
- Advocacy experience. Track record in “positioning” activities, including thought leadership work, running PR campaigns for big wins, and strategic positioning with some of the biggest names in our space
- Funder-side experience. Experience working for senior stakeholders in private and multilateral funders
5 Reasons to join Simprints
Life is short. We believe work should be awesome, meaningful, and fun. At Simprints, we’re taking on global development’s biggest challenges, powered by an amazing culture and incredible people. Work with us, and you will grow faster, learn more, and take on great responsibilities with potential to make lasting change.
- Social impact. Simprints’ objective is to transform the way the world fights poverty by building technology that can help partners truly verify their impact. We don't aim to just "keep the handle turning" on traditional development work. We want to to make precision, real-time development data the norm—not the exception. Learn more about our mission here. Work with us to change the trajectory, and be a part of a team that is impacting millions of the most vulnerable individuals in the world.
- Incredible & diverse team. Ask any “Simprintser” what their favourite thing about workinghere is, and the answer is consistently “the people.” Our work is at the intersection of technology and global development, and we’ve managed to build an amazing team drawn from 20 different nationalities with experience from the best technology companies, iNGOs, UN agencies, and universities around the world.
- Truly hybrid working. We combine the flexibility of remote work with periodic in-person events to build trust, cohesion, and have some fun together. As a member of the Management Team, you'll have access to our offices in the UK or Bangladesh, as well as any WeWork office in their global network. We meet in-person monthly for team days (and social nights), in addition to bi-annual team offsites and annual company offsites.
- Unlimited paid time off. We set high standards and goals, but give people the freedom to choose when and how to recharge. Join a team that trusts you with the job.
- Dedicated professional development. We promote continual learning with learning objectives, external mentors, and regular one-on-one feedback. Check out our Advisory Board for sample mentors We also put our money where our mouth is with a dedicated ‘Learning budget' for every employee. Past projects have included enrolling staff in Big Data course at MIT, or flying team members to frontline training workshops in Malawi hosted by USAID.
Simprints is headquartered in Cambridge, UK. This role is eligible for UK visas for exceptional international candidates. This role can be based remotely for candidates willing to travel monthly / quarterly to our in-person Management Team Days.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Simprints is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves in our firm commitment to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to attract, hire, grow, and retain the most qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, ability, religion, nationality, age, sexuality, and other differences. We encourage interested and suitable candidates who are part of underrepresented groups to apply for this position.