Wellness & Prevention Services Manager
- Job posted by Street Level Health Project/Proyecto de Salud para Tod@s
Details: Hourly, non-exempt
3125 East 15th Street
● Train, supervise and support health navigation staff and volunteers in assisting community members as
described in Drop-In Health Navigation role described below.
● Meet with Outreach Specialist and Cook during Department Meetings 1-2 x per month to support food
● Schedule and coordinate county partners (2 weekly County Health Insurance Technicians and a
monthly Health Care for the Homeless staff member).
● Facilitate weekly department meetings with staff to ensure clear and consistent communication
● Collaborate on conflict resolution with staff, community health workers and volunteers
● Administer use of keys and vehicle by ensuring company property remains on-site for company use at
● Develop and update food program, emergency voucher policies, and program materials as needed.
Drop-In Health Navigation (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
● Provide individual client advocacy to community members with intersecting barriers to service
including but not limited to; recent immigrants, day laborers, low-income and high risk participants
● Ensure coverage of the drop-in space on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9-5pm.
● Participate in weekly department meetings with Health Navigators and Clinic Manager to coordinate
referrals for patients.
● Refer clients to appropriate service providers based on needs.
● Build referral relationships with healthcare and legal providers, schools, and CBO’s, to ensure contacts
at primary referral sites.
● Collaborate with Clinic Manager to recruit patients/community members for peer health education
groups, as well as other services based on need.
● Engage community members and volunteers in building a warm, inclusive, safe and welcoming space.
Data and Reporting (Tuesday and Thursday)
● Ensure recording and tracking of participant information, external and internal referrals, case
management notes in Salesforce (daily but review weekly during admin time).
● Generate reports for Measure A, CalFresh and Food bank with Salesforce data.
● Enter CalFresh data into designated web-based database by reporting deadline as detailed in contract.
● Ensure distribution procedures are followed during weekly food bank, facilitate annual site visit, and
attend Alameda County Food Bank meetings as calendared.
● Enroll and track attendance for food bank and lunch participants weekly.
● Coordinate purchasing of food and supplies for Breakfast/Lunch (2x/wk) and Dinner (1x/wk) service to
ensure spending is within allocated budget.
● Support SLHP staff in a collective decision making process, sustaining a safe workplace, and
contributing to a culture of self-care and work/life balance.
● Attend and participate in weekly department meetings and staff training sessions.
● Help with organizational events as needed (Holiday Party, Dia De Los Muertos, May Day)
● Engage in organizational visioning, strategic planning, and ongoing programmatic decision-making.
● Participate in meetings and collaborations among program staff as needed
● Support development of a growing program with creativity and innovation.
● Spanish-English bilingual, both spoken and written
● Strong communication skills, including facilitation, conflict resolution and writing skills
● Strong teamwork skills and desire to work collaboratively
● Able to multi-task with flexibility, responsiveness, clear boundaries and excellent time management
● Experience with recruitment and outreach in a wide variety of sites including: schools, community
events, churches/faith communities and health systems
● Independent, self-motivated, organized and able to meet deadlines.
● Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs and basic computer skills
● Knowledge of issues specifically affecting day laborers and newly arrived immigrants
● Connection with local organizations for volunteer recruitment
● Additional language capacities are a plus: such as Mongolian and Mam
● Experience in case management, patient advocacy, social services or peer based counseling.
● Knowledge of service agencies in Alameda County and existing relationships with Oakland service
Full Benefits (vision,dental, health) accrual of 2 weeks of vacation per year at time of hire, and an addition of 2 weeks paid time off during December closure (after a year of employment).
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish-English bilingual, both spoken and written.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com