FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
Information Technology Division
New York Office
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Information Technology (IT) division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking an Associate to provide end point and help desk support to staff. This position reports to the Senior Helpdesk Officer, based in New York.
1. Provide user support and technical assistance for workstations and laptops running Microsoft Windows 10, Mac operating systems, and Office 365;
2. Assist staff with technology problems using Zendesk in various locations, with a focus on the New York office and, when required, offices in North America, including occasional travel to provide in-person assistance or to attend trainings;
3. Assist network and administration teams in basic troubleshooting;
4. Create, modify, and delete user accounts in Active Directory and on the Exchange server;
5. Maintain day-to-day inventory of all IT loaner and permanent equipment;
6. Assume responsibility for the computer office environment and ensure that computers and printers are ready for use and paper and toner are stocked;
7. Troubleshoot internet issues including liaising with vendors;
8. Provide administrative support such as scheduling, processing expenses, preparing for and taking minutes at meetings, and responding to requests for information; and
9. Carry out other duties as assigned.
Education: A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems, electrical engineering or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Proficiency in any other language is a plus.
2. Sound judgment regarding help desk matters including input in decision-making with regard to implementation, maintenance, and administration of workstations, laptops, and mobile devices is required.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well under pressure, excellent time-management skills, and attention to detail are required.
4. Ability to prioritize competing demands with minimal supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
5. Ability to solve problems creatively is required.
6. Proficiency in computer packages including Windows 10 and Office 365 is required. Proficiency with Ubuntu Linux is preferred.
7. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a team of talented professionals in multiple locations globally is highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range starts at $46,279. Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.
Diverse teams are strong teams. HRW includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, the self-taught and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all races genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences. HRW is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by visiting our online job portal at https://www.hrw.org/careers and attaching a cover letter and a resume. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email email@example.com. Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.