Accounts Payable Associate
- Applications accepted starting July 20, 2021
- Hiring immediately, position open until filled.
- Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt.
- Up to 40 hours per week - Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during hours arranged with the supervisor.
- Some nights or weekends may be required in support of key Ed Fund events.
- The hourly rate for this position will range from $24/hr to $26/hr dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time Accrual.
- Average of 13-15 Paid Holidays, plus a winter break.
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance (employee only) Medical/Vision/ Dental/ Life.
- EAP, Travel Assistance and Health Advocate Programs.
- Sponsored 401K Plan (non-matched).
- Professional Development Budget for all staff.
- Work/Life Balance.
Please read the following in order to avoid application delays:
- Applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume for consideration.
- Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews.
- Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevent us from responding to all applications received.
- Apply for the role at the following link:
ABOUT THE ED FUND:
Oakland Public Education Fund leads the investment of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and thrive. Therefore, our work is to connect public schools with tools, funds, and volunteers. Learn more about our work at www.oaklandedfund.org.
WORK LIFE AT THE ED FUND:
- A fun, fast-paced, flexible, and dog-friendly work environment;
- Great mentorship and opportunities for both personal development and professional growth;
- Flexible work schedule;
- A brand new office in Oakland’s Jack London Square that is easily accessible by public transportation, has great parking options, and is stocked with refreshments;
- Staff outings, team-building activities, staff celebrations and happy hours;
- The opportunity to make a direct, positive impact on Oakland public schools and programs serving our youth; and,
- Amazing networking opportunities with local leaders and businesses.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Associate will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the Accounting department by executing daily, weekly, monthly, and year-end tasks. Performs routine bookkeeping and financial record keeping operations within internal accounting systems. Verify the correctness of accounting documents; respond to inquiries and provide financial information; organize electronic files and source documents and perform related duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute within the Accounting Function by adhering to the accounts payable cycle steps as follows:
1) Check the Expenses in Submitted Stage in Salesforce daily and review the Payment Request Forms against backup, backup should match with the payment Request forms.
2) On Payment Request Forms review coding, fund, GL account, funder, program, project, and amount or any discrepancy.
3) Send Payment Request Forms that meet the above requirements to the Project Administrator for approval.
4) Enter from Salesforce Chief Financial Officer’s approved Payment Request Forms in Intacct.
5) Send emails to clients for any discrepancies regarding Payment Request Forms.
6) Request W9 and upload in Intacct vendor’s file.
7) Set up Amazon accounts.
8) Create Payment Request Forms for office.
- Accounts Payable - processing invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Print AP checks every Thursday.
- Vendor maintenance in Intacct, especially important for 1099 processing.
- As part of the monthly closing activities check all GL related to W9 and check if they meet the IRS 1099 forms requirements.
- Process weekly remote deposits every Friday and when needed bring deposits in person to the nearest bank branch.
- Cash Receipts - every Friday enter cash receipts in Intacct according to Salesforce.
- Processing employee expense reports, verifying expenses are within the organization guidelines, correcting errors, questioning abnormal expenses and entering into the Intacct system.
- Assist the Staff accountants and Accounting Manager as required.
- Serve as a CORE employee, supporting key Ed Fund events and contributing to our culture and structure, as well as our mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROVIDE BACKUP SUPPORT FOR THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS:
- Execute within the Accounting Function by adhering to the accounting cycle steps as follows:
1) Identify transactions
2) Record journal entries
3) Post ledger entries
4) Review unadjusted Trial Balance
5) Post adjusting entries
6) Review adjusted trial balance
7) Produce financial statements for review and
8) Close all sub-ledgers and general ledgers.
- Accounts Receivable - processing payments, producing statement of accounts, collections on overdue accounts and account reconciliation when required. Invoice creation and distribution when required.
- 401(K) Administration - Process and post any pre-tax 401(k) deductions to the investment account and reconcile each month.
- Execute accounting responsibilities in line with the accounting close schedule related to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks.
- Cross train and become alternate to other accounting and payroll staff when they are on vacation or out for an extended period of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration and/or;
- 3-7 years’ experience working in non-profit accounting, thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and fund accounting, cost allocation and handling restricted and conditional funding sources.
- A high degree of integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Good judgment and ability to manage tasks simultaneously with efficiency and poise.
- A high degree of professionalism, strong communication skills, able to work well with colleagues, vendors, contractors and various stakeholders.
- Strong data analytic skills (Intermediate to Advanced Excel proficiency).
- Business Intelligence, and financial modeling.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth oriented non-profit.
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently.
- Strong customer-focus and results orientation.
- Innovation and process improvement mindset.
- Experience with Intacct cloud based accounting system preferred
- Experience with CRM platform, such as Salesforce
- Experience with Excel Pivot Tables, VLookup, Macros
- Experience in a medium, complex non-profit organization and/or private foundation
- General Ledger knowledge and experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY DISCLOSURE:
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We also know that great candidates can bring skills to The Ed Fund that we haven't thought of just yet, and who won't fit everything we've described above. If this is you, don't hesitate to apply. Tell us what unique contributions you can offer.
We are dedicated to improving our organization and know that part of it means to better reflect the people we serve. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.