CAMBA's comprehensive Workforce Development and Refugee Services programs annually provide over 1,800 low- income community members with employment, education, training, benefits access, financial literacy, and English language services. CAMBA specializes in assisting those with special barriers to employment including low skilled workers, long-term unemployed, immigrants and refugees, limited English speakers, formerly homeless, seniors, formerly incarcerated, trauma survivors, and victims of human trafficking. These programs are performance-based, and success is measured by meeting enrollment, employment placement, training, retention, and case management goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and develop instructional materials and lesson plans.
- Instruct adults in academic and/or nonacademic subjects in order to develop and/or enhance their employment skills.
- Demonstrate a passion for building inclusive communities and opportunity for all.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree and one year of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Teaching style must be hands-on, interactive, and participatory (not lecture based).
- Ability to multi-task and to work a flexible or alternative workweek schedule based upon program needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with immigrant, refugee and asylee populations. Bilingual or multilingual is a plus (i.e., French, Arabic, Tibetan, Fulani or Russian).
Minimum Education Required