Major responsibility is to assist in the registration and renewal of all clubhouse members. Also serves as an important public relations function by meeting/greeting all who enter or telephone the club and provide information about the clubhouse and its programs.
BGCB is offering a $400 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in membership registration and renewals processes as directed by the Membership Director. Ensure this information is properly stored in the membership database. Ensure individual member paper-based materials are stored in a secure location.
- Notify Membership Director when membership is due to expire and perform appropriate outreach to insure renewal.
- Ensure that all members entering the building are signing in and that attendance information is properly stored in the membership database.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date program, activity and event information for all persons inquiring at the membership desk, on the Parent Bulletin Board, and over the telephone.
- Assist Director with new member/parent orientation sessions. Ensure parents receive BGCB''s Parent Handbook/Guidelines.
- Assist in the monitoring of traffic in the lobby area and prevent loitering of club members. Assist in the supervision and discipline of members in the lobby area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Receive and transfer all in-coming telephone calls to the club; take accurate messages when necessary.
- Secure, maintain and maintain materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Direct experience in customer service and/or reception, with computers, and data management required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **
South Boston, Massachusetts, United States