The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact in more than 70 countries and all 50 United States. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. We are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce.
Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a powerful force for nature and conservation innovation by joining TNC’s Delaware team! Chartered in 1989, The Nature Conservancy in Delaware has protected over 30,000 acres of priority coastal and upland across Delaware. More recently, the Delaware chapter is establishing itself within TNC as an incubator for cutting-edge practices and programs like coastal resilience, conservation-finance and urban conservation. TNC Delaware is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as our full-time Director of Finance & Operations. As a member of our Executive Management Team, the Director of Finance & Operations will play a critical role in establishing and maintaining all operations functions, including HR and finance for the Delaware team.
Your Position at TNC
We are seeking an energetic self-starter and dedicated operations professional with a proven track record in meeting the strategic priorities of the Delaware program by overseeing all finance functions, supporting HR issues, staff recruitment and retention and overseeing administrative processes, including facility management, telecommunications, mailroom operations, supervising telephone/public reception, maintaining office supplies and equipment, and purchasing requests. A strong background in finance and experience in HR would enhance a candidate’s potential for success.
· Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination
· Finance / Accounting experience
· Experience coordinating projects
· Experience generating financial reports and analyzing and interpreting data
· Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent
· Experience managing multiple central administrative processes
· Experience working across departments.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
· Ability to implement complex processes;
· Experience Supporting Human Resources Functions
· Demonstrated experience handling confidential information
· Experience responding to HR related questions and problems from employees/management.
· Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff;
· Experience working with government awards;
· Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results;
· Experience supervising staff, interns and/or volunteers;
· Strong organization and negotiating skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks; and/or Non-profit GAAP accounting experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We have two great offices located in Wilmington, DE and Milton, DE. We offer a highly competitive salary with an excellent benefits package. For a complete position description and to apply, visit http://www.nature.org/careers The application deadline is 11:59 EST on August 24, 2018.