Executive Assistant to the Chief Development Officer
- Job posted by Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
40 West 20th Street
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking an Executive Assistant to work with and provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer in our New York office. The Executive Assistant’s time is dedicated to handling a wide range of duties that support the fundraising, administrative, and managerial work of the Chief Development Officer.
- Providing support to the Chief Development Officer in a variety of capacities including telephone coverage, meeting coordination, travel arrangements, invoice and expense reporting, and assisting with completion of specially assigned projects
- Drafting and editing follow-up correspondence to donors managed by the Chief Development Officer and timely preparation of proposals and other materials required by the Chief Development Officer
- Helping manage relationships with and communications to donors and other external contacts
- May need to represent the Chief Development Officer while she is traveling, by attending meetings and taking notes, or effectively and responsively handling communications with high level internal and external constituents such as the President’s Office, members of the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees, or high-level financial donors
- Preparing informational material for donor visits
- Staffing and coordinating special program efforts, such as donor events and trips
- Scheduling and facilitation of various staff and donor meetings
- Updating donor information in database and files
- Updating Development Department Intranet content
- Providing general administrative support for Development Department
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or equivalent experience required; 5-7 or more years’ experience supporting a leadership role is preferred
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required