- Railroad Street Youth Project (RSYP) is a small, youth-founded youth organization dedicated to youth empowerment, in southern part of the beautiful Berkshires of western Massachusetts. AT RAILROAD STREET, YOUTH TAKE THE LEAD. They explore their full potential and become equipped to meet the challenging transition to adulthood. RSYP’s professional staff expertly pairs youth-generated ideas with community resources, empowering youth to create and oversee a wide range of innovative, life-changing projects. Unmatched in mission and scope, RSYP excels in helping youth find their voice and realize the benefits of their commitment to themselves and their community.
The position – Community Health Advocate is responsible for
- Coordinating monthly Coalition meetings, send meeting reminders, follow-up emails with meeting notes and track attendance
- Manage Coalition email list and relevant emails with program information, subcommittee updates, and sharing relevant information from outside resources including DPH and the Western Regional meeting.
- Implementation of Kitchen Table Talk parent education program and expanded use of Talking to Teens video series with support of Senior Health Advocate
- Coordinate Coalition participation in the annual Smash the Stigma event.
- Assess current use of SBIRT screening tools in Mt. Everett and Monument to identify impact on youth of implementation, track referrals, success and client (youth) and school satisfaction with supports offered.
Core Qualifications – The Community Health Advocate embodies
RSYP’s mission in day-to-day interactions with young people and approach to leadership, planning and program development, implementation, and problem solving.
This position requires a person who is:
- Highly organized with a demonstrated capacity to multi-task projects
- Evidenced passion for community health and asset/empowerment-based youth development and ability share it with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to both write clearly and speak publicly
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends