Founded in 1981 in partnership with whistleblowers, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and other instances where the government fails to serve the public. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has an over $6 million annual budget that supports a staff of over 50 employees. POGO does not accept donations or other revenue from for-profit corporations or the government.
POGO’s Development Team is looking for a talented Development Assistant to assist with POGO’s growing development goals. The Development Assistant reports directly to the Director of Individual Giving.
- ● Assist the Director of Individual Giving with the management and maintenance of individual donor relationships.
- ● Help build and develop POGO’s monthly recurring and small donors programs.
- ● Assist with planning, drafting, executing, and sending letters for POGO’s direct mail program for individual and prospect donors.
- ● Draft, produce, and send all individual donor and special event acknowledgements and be a part of the larger team handling POGO fundraising events.
- ● Process, code, enter, and otherwise assist with incoming donor mail, gifts, grants, and credit card donations into the relevant systems, working with the Finance Manager and Data Intelligence Strategist to ensure correct tracking, allocation, and accuracy of donations and donor correspondence within our databases.
- ● Help draft writing for and generally support the annual report production process.
- ● Provide general administrative and logistical support to the development department.
- ● Other duties as required to accomplish POGO’s mission.
- ● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with great relationship-building skills and prior research experience.
- ● Experience with and strong skills in word processing and spreadsheet manipulation. (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- ● Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- ● Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple projects at a time.
- ● Demonstrated commitment to working in a nonpartisan, collaborative, respectful manner with diverse stakeholders.
- ● Demonstrated track record of taking initiative to solve problems and adapt to changing circumstances.
- ● Must be able to deal with confidential information using discretion and judgment.
- ● Background working in fundraising at a non-profit, at a political organization, or on a campaign is desirable, but not required.
- ● Experience working with Zoom, Wealth Engine, Every Action, or other CRM databases is a plus, but not required
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Compensation, benefits, and other information:
The job is full time and includes the listed benefits. This position is available for remote work (although it does require the ability to travel as needed) and includes the listed benefits.
- Competitive nonprofit salary starting at $42k
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) employee investment plan available, with employer retirement contribution through a SEP IRA once eligible
- Life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Metro SmarTrip benefits participation available
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume. Application Deadline: September 6th. Please no phone calls.